missiles

There are 52 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Inferno.

• As far as im aware they arent supposed to that much, as most of them arent "homing" missiles, take note of the turn rate that'll give e better idea. the jackhammer for instance has a real high turn rate and "homes" very well, more like a cd. but a nemesis turn rate is so low that its barely a "homing" missile anyway, you have to know when/how to fire them. try the firestalker missile, that is a true homing missile but thier stats arent that high. trust me ive fired enough of em!!!

Doppleganger :D

• I've found that missiles in this mod are like rockets. You don't let the other guy know you have them and then, when he least suspects it, you shove them down his throat :D The jackhammer and firestalker are decent for homing, but the role of missiles has been severly downplayed. If they were to be a useful asset in their intended form their turnrates would have to be astronomical (imao it ought to take a CM or two to shake one missile).

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I know what Burro is referring too.

In 1.57 the missles did operate correctly and were accurate in their scope of operation.

Now they just tumble right from launch.

Trust me, Im as frustrated as Burro. I can gunfight well, but those missles come in handy in a fight when you are heavily outnumbered & against Cruisers/ Battleships and trains when the shields are down.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Irs not just a prob with missiles homing either my CDs have not been homing much, just fires straight. the mosquitos still work most of the time but i havnt been able to get any hornets to work. Its a pain when chasing those cowardly pirates and u depend on those CDs to get em but they fail and the pirate gets away... ;(

[bat]Here's some sweet videos of Gundams kicking @$$ :
    The best of Epyon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voT04pSqpg0
    Epyon's final battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dezGaiK3kk
    Gundam Breakdance! :D:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nGCgGVl_Oc

As long as the warrior has a genuine will to fight, the Epyon will eliminate all distractions. There is nothing more noble and beautiful then a warrior with no distractions. One could say, that he is the closest thing to God...
    1. Peace is just a result of war
    2.Space...It's so quiet
    3.Life is but an endless waltz...
    4.The 3 beats of War, Peace, and Revolution will continue on forever
    5.Weaklings should not fight

G.eneration
    U.nrestricted
    N.etwork
    D.rive
    A.ssualt
    M.odule

• Something is awry if the majority of weps aren't tracking propery :O

• Hehehehehehehehhhhh.... :P
    Thats hilarious... some guys on server started to be shootdown and suddenly they start looking surprised 8o to the misseles, to the lag, to the keyboard....mhuahuahuahu

[8] LONG LIVE TO LP! [8]

---------------------------------------
    Amos posting from his tumb... ;(

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• well the pirates commit suicide to escape from me or hide in there home system(u know who u r :P ) I just cant stop them cruising but manage to keep on their tails until they kill themselves or escape to an off limits system. but anyway I do find the homing probs annoying, it stops me from wiping out a few of those cowardly, pesky, little pirates that i love to hunt [9]. The missile part dont really matter to me since i never use em, but would be nice if they actually homed, would make for more interesting fights.

and on a side note..... [8] Death to LP [8] :D

As long as the warrior has a genuine will to fight, the Epyon will eliminate all distractions. There is nothing more noble and beautiful then a warrior with no distractions. One could say, that he is the closest thing to God...
    2.Space...It's so quiet

G.eneration
    U.nrestricted
    N.etwork
    D.rive
    A.ssualt
    M.odule

• I noticed that planet-diving tendency during the Assault Event :D Pirates will be pirates, there's nothing anyone can do about it :P

• I used to be a pirate a loooooonggggg time ago before i converted and before i discovered CF :D but i was never cowardly like that.

2.Space...It's so quiet

G.eneration
    U.nrestricted
    N.etwork
    D.rive
    A.ssualt
    M.odule

• I have done a clean install with nothing improved 4 times already.

Tell me if you have success.

Seems I am no longer effective in pvp...so I wont be doing any.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• well, my missiles are just OK

and im playing with them all the time, and made almost 100 fights with them.

so, no problems with me.
    well. dont take it to offensive guys, but, i think you could need some practice in PvP with the new mod.

• I dont have probs with my missles....
    Ask Simba if u want :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Tyrael
    I dont have probs with my missles....
    Ask Simba if u want :D

Don't ask me - his missiles were hitting me, mine were chasing unknown object in a galaxy far far away :D:D . Seems like we really need some more practice on the new mod :rolleyes: .

Hakuna matata,
    Simba

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• I fas firing some missiles yesterday when there was heavy lag on the server... they were not tracking, unlike before. Perhaps missiles only perform as should be expected when there isn't much lag?

Originally posted by Inferno

well. dont take it to offensive guys, but, i think you could need some practice in PvP with the new mod.

its nothing to do with practise myself and Gunny tested last night.

i was not moving he had target and it was about only 1 in 10 that locked, and that was from only 500km.

oh and practise? Gunny is one of the best on here and knows how to use the weps like missiles, CD's and torps [3]

Edit lance could be but at the time there was only bout 20 ppl on-line and no lag showing.

carbine[CFPD]