NPC without thruster

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Drakon.

• Is it possible to change the npc srict or equipment so they cant use thrusters? I ask cause the "jumping" of the npcs could be reduced maybe :D Atm its like hitting a fly with a thin stick :P

• if the serverload gets too high the npc spawn is been stopped
    that means if the server gets laggy you wont even see npcs flying around

ergo: it must b a problem with your connection

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Mmh, possible. Is there a way to show the ping? Or .. mmh i'll try it with the windows cmd line.

Edit:
    Ping is between 50 and 70

• My lag can be a menace at times... and that makes NPCs jump. To minimize this stay clear of other players and don't fire many munitions (torpedos, mines, ect.). Also keep in mind that NPCs of certain factions may or may not have different AI levels...

Thrusters will not be removed from NPCs though... it is important that a player has to either fight or properly evade NPC swarms when they are encountered. If the NPCs had no thrusters all you'd have to do to escape is use yours... how boring would that be? :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    Thrusters will not be removed from NPCs though... it is important that a player has to either fight or properly evade NPC swarms when they are encountered. If the NPCs had no thrusters all you'd have to do to escape is use yours... how boring would that be? :D

Ok, thats a good point :/

• There are ways to reduce the lagging though you know, the ways I mentioned above and making sure that CF is the only program you're using helps. What kind of connection to you have? Maybe somebody more tech-savvy than I can help you boost performance :)

• Today we had a fight against the Dom Kavash in the New Berlin system.
    The heavy fighters were already a pain in the arse to target but the light fighters were literally invulnerable.
    I dont know if it is my connection or the mod that has grown large/server that has a high load.

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• I was ferrying weapons to Lost Paradise to equip a char there and my route took me through New Berlin. I was engaged by a wing of medium fighters with a heavy fighter leader. They jumped to much to land a single hit on them, so I either need to swap the MK IIs on the Haidar for gatts or find a way to reduce my lag :P

• dont know enough about the DK? they have super fast boosters. even with a non-lagging connection, they will still be hard to hit because they can move around VERY fast.

• Lol, I know about the boosters

I got pursuited in lemnon with my cruise on, and they still managed to keep up with me for quite a while.

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• Actually in SP they seemed kinda slow. I left them in my dust, even with me using a Ragnarok it was surprising since they should be able to keep up with me still 8)

[bat]Here's some sweet videos of Gundams kicking @$$ :
    The best of Epyon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voT04pSqpg0
    Epyon's final battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dezGaiK3kk
    Gundam Breakdance! :D:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nGCgGVl_Oc

As long as the warrior has a genuine will to fight, the Epyon will eliminate all distractions. There is nothing more noble and beautiful then a warrior with no distractions. One could say, that he is the closest thing to God...
    1. Peace is just a result of war
    2.Space...It's so quiet
    3.Life is but an endless waltz...
    4.The 3 beats of War, Peace, and Revolution will continue on forever
    5.Weaklings should not fight

G.eneration
    U.nrestricted
    N.etwork
    D.rive
    A.ssualt
    M.odule

• I agree with Gundam. When lag is eliminated they aren't that good in combat. I was on the server once when there were only 4 people online (I was even using the gattlings back when they lagged the server) and I was able to cut down 4 or 5 of them before the jumping got too bad. The AI / equipment ratio is just right for the DK fighters, it's just that it's too hard when there's any lag on the player's side. The excellent speed and wep loadout on those fighters make up for the less-than-human intellegence of their tactics, and I think they're near perfection as is ^^

(as a RP standpoint though, I think they should be given uber-AI skills... if the DK are as evolved as is supposed in the plot 1 DK fighter should be able to kill a player by itself... the aliens ought to be able to outarm, outnumber, and outfly us)

• yeah when u face them in SP they are about as dumb as dirt. I stood back and sniped all the light fighters with my railgun and anything else that happened to come my way :D before they could reach me. [11] :]

they pretty much can outfly us due to their speed, they are equiped well enough already lol, and they already out number us 6 to 1. The lag gives them the necesary boost above nomads to make them formidable opponents. So unless OP slows them down to normal speed like us they dont need to be any "smarter"

[bat]Here's some sweet videos of Gundams kicking @$$ :
    The best of Epyon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voT04pSqpg0
    Epyon's final battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dezGaiK3kk
    Gundam Breakdance! :D:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nGCgGVl_Oc

As long as the warrior has a genuine will to fight, the Epyon will eliminate all distractions. There is nothing more noble and beautiful then a warrior with no distractions. One could say, that he is the closest thing to God...
    1. Peace is just a result of war
    2.Space...It's so quiet
    3.Life is but an endless waltz...
    4.The 3 beats of War, Peace, and Revolution will continue on forever
    5.Weaklings should not fight

G.eneration
    U.nrestricted
    N.etwork
    D.rive
    A.ssualt
    M.odule

• The problem for me personally is that the lag gives them such a boost in "skill" that I can't land a single hit (in retrospect though, they can hardly land one of their or own or even a CD on me). When all is said and done there are loads of dead gunboats all over the place and the fighters enjoy their longevity :D