FPS problems and no background gaming

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hey,

I do run corssfire as window-mode and adjust to desktop resolution. Normally I have fps limited to 60, with no limits they go up to ~180. Game works awesome until I tab out and tab back in. Then, fps are crashing down to 30 maximum. When there are ships shooting, they go down to like 1-7 fps. Have to restart game to fix that. Also, crossfire is not playing in background. So if I do open a small chat window and have game in background, it freezes. That is also pretty annoying becasue I can not see what is going on in game while chating and react to things happening.

I was checking the gpu advice over here : Advices & Hints & Tips - SWAT Portal

But it is for Crossfire 1.9 and the file is not as it is described, there. Anyone got an idea how to fix it?

Thank you =)

Edited once, last by TropX ().

• have you tried using different shader options?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I confirm this happens with DX10/11/12 (Recommended) and V2 shaders.

Doesn't happen when using Vanilla or Vanilla (Legacy) - however, in my case (recently updated to win11), using the Vanilla shaders requires to launch without "Adjust to desktop resolution" enabled, otherwise game gets stuck in a black screen after launch.

TropX You can change the shaders by clicking the gear icon in the CF launcher, then select the desired shader from the "Shader options" drop down list:

LJOXKws.png

Note: Vanilla shaders don't offer the same level of visual enhancements as others.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• After testing a bit, VANILLA FL (LEGACY) works best.

VANILLA FL has same problems.

DX10/11/12 (V2) laggs right away.

No clue why the recommended DX10/11/12 have that problems. Card is at 50% ressources used, so not even close to having performance issues.

• it all depends on the hardware compatibility

after+20 years its not so easy anymore to keep the game compatible with all the hardware out there

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• probably requires some edits to the game engine

would need to look into it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• next update will let the game keep running in background

I already did the changes but will roll it out with the other planned fixes and visual improvements.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,