Not sure if this is a bug

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by CyberBlueJackal.

• Hi All

I have just played through the vanilla missions again to get to the Crossfire content. I love it! loads of new content, loving the new ships, upgraded graphics etc. I can see a lot of work has gone in to this and it's given an old game new life (although I did have to buy a new graphics card for my aging set up).

Mission 12 /13 was a bit of a damp squib, playing it with the werewolf may have been a bridge too far in terms or over powering the enemy but that was was my choice :thumbsup:

I started the new content on New York (I think!) and have to get to New Berlin, because I rushed the vanilla stuff this time, I haven't fully explorer every system and I haven't got a clue how to get to New Berlin. I cannot see any waypoints on my screen and I can't set one. I've been in and out various systems, tried to use online maps and back track from New Berlin but it's quite difficult if you can't set your own waypoints.

Have I done something wrong. I have modified the Cruise Speed in my .ini file because I heard that the distances away from the trade lanes can be quite vast & therefore I may have just cruised a bit when the game was expecting me to use a trade lane but I can't for the life of me remember where.

I may have to go back to my pre last vanilla mission save ;(

• You might have missed a mission trigger somewhere. The instructions "go there, do that" have to be followed precisely. I did not have the time to add fail triggers for every eventuality. That alone would be many months of development.

Editing cruise speeds also is not the best idea since some of the following missions have internal timers. It would cause problems if you reach stuff too soon.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thank you for your prompt response. It's really rewarding to actually get information back from game developers AND SO RARE

You might have missed a mission trigger somewhere. The instructions "go there, do that" have to be followed precisely. I did not have the time to add fail triggers for every eventuality. That alone would be many months of development.

I can see how trying to code for each eventuality would be quite complex, not knowing the mechanics of the framework you are working within, I didn't give this any thought. Sorry.

Editing cruise speeds also is not the best idea since some of the following missions have internal timers. It would cause problems if you reach stuff too soon.

I wonder if it would be possible to list any of the internal timed missions? I don't have much time for gaming and tend to dip in and out, sometimes for as little as 30 mins. If I spend most of that flying at snail pace cruise speed it's enough to make me think of playing something else the next time I fire up the PC. Sorry to be blunt but that is the reality of the situation.

I can see how trying to code for each eventuality would be quite complex, not knowing the mechanics of the framework you are working within, I didn't give this any thought. Sorry.

I know how the mechanics work. I just don't know how creative the players are avoiding mission triggers.

I'll try to implement fail triggers soon, but this is going to be a step by step process without guarantee that ill be able to cover everything.

There only should be one or two long missions in Altair and inner core space

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hi NeilV

been a while since i went to new berlin

but

do not try to cruise there

from new york head for texas and use the trade lanes

at the planet in texas take th tl on the right

fly through the Jump Gate into the next sector

still on the trade lanes only ones you can take

you will fly 2 sectors after texas to reach new berlin

i think in the next sector you will encounter a tl disruption and the nomads will attack you

new berlin jg should be in this next sector

thing you need to engage the nomads and continue to new berlin

it is

orillion who will hail you and asks you to land on planet new berlin

meet him in the bar

can't remember if it happens as you jump into nb sector

or as you exit the tl at planet new berlin

good luck mate 😎😎

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

Edited 2 times, last by ringotwin: update info and fix spelling error ().