An idea

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by CyberBlueJackal.

• hey all.

Been a while since I've posted (been busy preparing to become a streamer slowly)

I had n idea & hopefully it could be looked into but how about a Co-op mode of this mod for people that want to do the SP with a friend maybe? while the Multiplayer has been massively expanded through this amazing mod; playing with A.I. is sometimes good but they can be stupid & I had the idea of maybe a Co-op for the story mode from start to end?

would this be feasible or would the coding be too much?

just spit balling an idea here but I feel a few have also had this idea

• short answer:

no

long answer:

It is possible to run singleplayer scripts including story scripts in MP. However, i see massive problems to sychronize the state of the mission between multiple players.

e.g. who of the coop players is going to talk with Juni and what do the others do in the meantime? What happens with mission objectives if one coop player dies (death trigger)

Plenty of problems that are not easy to solve.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Fair enough thank you for the answer.

It was just a spitball idea because I do love the story & to see it played solo is great, but with a friend Shenanigans central.

As for the who would Juni talk to think - I'd say the one who owns the core file/Runs the small lobby would be the one to trigger it the 2nd player can have a rummage in space/traders preparing themselves maybe?

Death triggers - think Halo in multiplayer/co-op sense, if the 1st or 2nd player dies; until combat ends (unless in a VIOLENT system like Dom space) they cannot respawn; and hen they can respawn, they respawn near the ally (while this does "bypass" flight time keeps the premise of co-op going. but much like the Crossfire story where Juni & King can die, if the mission requires SURVIVAL (Nomad Battlecruiser in Sol for example) if you die, full restart at Last auto-save

one other issue which I can get from idea is System jumping; now in the SP I noticed in the later game, entering formation with Jumping A.I. does trigger it for you too (so you jump at the same time).