unlimited shield regeneration

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi there,

is it possible to deactivate the unlimited shield regeneration in singelplayer or reducing the difficulty of the ai? The enemies particular the corsairs are almost invincible this kills the extremely the fun :-(. And yes i know there is an difficulty option in the option menu but even in good mode its extreme hard to kill corsairs ||!

• you can change difficulty in the freelancer settings, that’s the only way. You could use a trainer of course

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• Hi there,

is it possible to deactivate the unlimited shield regeneration in singelplayer or reducing the difficulty of the ai? The enemies particular the corsairs are almost invincible this kills the extremely the fun :-(. And yes i know there is an difficulty option in the option menu but even in good mode its extreme hard to kill corsairs ||!

I've already changed the difficulty to easy but it is always to hard. I can not understand why the difficulty is so extrem strong and why is there so opportunity to chanche that??? I play pc games over 20 years but I've never seen anything like this.

• Well, the shield regeneration is not unlimited.

It is based on the normal shield rebuilds that all the shields have after x seconds not taking damage and a number of bats/bots which are limited to ~1/3 of what a player could use if using that specific ship.

Changing difficulty sliders mainly has impact on the damage NPCs deal. Can be useful but won't help to kill NPCs faster.

Therefore I would advice that you take a look at the crossfire starter guide aswell as the combat guide.

Starter Guide - SWAT Portal

Combat Video Guides - SWAT Portal

There is in detail explained how to fight efficiently, what you need to take care of in terms of choice of weapons and general combat mechanics.

Just alone the choice of weapons can make a huge difference in combat due to the way how FL calculates the position of the target lead indicator based on the projectile speed of the equipped weapons (a wrong choice of weapons can in worst case make a majority of your shots miss the target).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!