my last game on the mod

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Scarface135.

• hi all right when i was online last it showed i was running on directx 8 which was different from before so what i want to know is how can i change to use directx 11 i understand that the mod may not accept directx 12 if it can utilize directx 12 is there a way to force dx 11 or dx 12 instaed of dx 8

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• Freelancer generally is limited to DirectX 8. It was written specifically for dx8 and by default only utilizes the functions of dx8.

Sounds strange considering that the FL installation comes with the optional DX 9c... but it is and remains a dx8 game.

CF comes with the option to select shaders which utilize a Dx9 environment in which the original Dx8 render pipeline can be executed. This way certain postprocessing mechanics can be used on top of dx8 render pipeline (which can not be altered)

In the latest iteration of the shader system I included a DX11 option for the modular reshade version as it promised performance and stability benefits over older Dx versions (I had serious troubles to get it to work in lower dx versions).

This however does not change the fact that FL renders everything by default within its DX8 limitations (e.g. a maximum of 8 lightsourses, no normal mapping, limited shadow rendering).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• perfect i get you on that reason why i said is ive had it running in dx11 as i have OSD while gaming so i can see my tems fps usage etc whiloe gaming and it shows dx 11 ill check my picks see if i can find one

as you can see im utilizing D3D11 which is dx11 but when i last played it was dx 8 so i reinstalled mod etc not tried again yet but will later

also i always use reshade dx10

Files

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

Edited once, last by (IOC)Scarface135 ().

• my game is back to using D3D11 now which is great was alittle weird tho but reinstall seem to have fixed it i had performance issues when it showed D3D 8 but all fixed now thanks for reply OP

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,