Starpoint Gemini 3 (New Freelancer Like Game)

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Blake00.

• Amazing! Only a couple of weeks ago I was excitedly posting here about the release of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and now someone over in the Freelancer Facebook group posts a video of yet another very Freelancer like game called Starpoint Gemini 3!

I'd listed the previous Starpoint Gemini games over in my old Freelancer Similar games thread here as they had space combat, trading on stations and even some planet landing stuff however they still felt a bit different eg more of a big ship tactical combat game. However for this new game it looks like they've totally gone in a pure Freelancer style fighter game direction (which I think has upset some of their past fanbase but hey its great for us FL fans haha) with all the cool FL stuff like landing on planets and space stations to trade and visit their seedy space bars for work! It also has an interesting (unfinished) side game where you take control of a small probe infiltrating derelicts and space stations avoiding security systems that sort of reminds me of some of X2 – The Threat’s side missions.

The game is still in early access on steam so naturally it lacks polish but is already looking absolutely gorgeous!! The only fault I have with its otherwise stunning graphics are the very plastic mannequin like people but apparently the devs have said they'll be fixing that.

This guy has done a good video preview of it:

YouTube

Here's some sexy screens I found around the place:

ss_a74c142d56ed1e64087d664aef502bde355e8871.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f2c682cb3a0335750e8bd188426379bece390a00.1920x1080.jpg

sg3.jpg

ss_0d1e3b38ba1f4abd1216a86a8d1efabb60758852.1920x1080.jpg

ss_b00af0c607cac19397069412fb96556fd1d1d4b6.1920x1080.jpg

ss_13dea9867d6fa657b0b3128e8c8a7b2ac9df6366.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1c3a9250d5a40810e7be044dbf9074705bf02fe8.1920x1080.jpg

ss_59f9c1eed3c1f52278baea2e2debb3dc44aaa9ed.1920x1080.jpg

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer , Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

Edited 2 times, last by Blake00 ().

• that look quite mad still good upload pal

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• Some cool news I saw today.. Starpoint Gemini 3 will be released soon and has added mod support which is good as the game looks super similar to Freelancer (they even added a mini Sirius sector to the game lol) so if there was ever a good candidate engine for a future Freelancer mod it's this game lol. Of course who's gonna have the skill and motivation to do such a thing these days hey, but nevertheless its fun to fantasize about lol.

Starpoint Gemini 3 gets modding and release date! news - Mod DB

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer , Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

• multiplayer?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Meanwhile the SG3 devs liked the idea hahaha.. but I've seen them posting about their love of FL in the past so I guess that should be no surprise lol.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

• it would be the most important part

there are many space games like that but none with MP support

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• it would be the most important part

there are many space games like that but none with MP support

Not for me personally as I'm a single player, but I absolutely understand why it would be to most people around here, over at Discovery and the other FL multiplayer server communities. It's a shame that all these spiritual FL successors are coming from the small studios that lack the resources (or at least believe they do) to implement MP in their games. Interestingly the SG3 devs even posted publicly that in the early days they did attempt a multiplayer mode and had some impressive results but then realised it would be too much work and would blow out the project by years.

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum: