Invisible Cargo

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Ohoy!

I'd like to report a problem with one of my characters which died in a jumphole... I have an Inquisitor Battleship and something is eating 300 out of my 600 cargo space!

I don't have anything in cargo or anything equipped other than turrets and licences, tractorbeam, and scanner. No torpedos, no missiles, no cargo, no weight-reduction or anything like that, but still stuck with only half my cargo available.

Some NPC was slowmotion-docking from china and while I was waiting for my turn red ships managed to kill me just before ship jumped, died on the other side and now stuck with this.

Pls help, what can I do? :sos:

• the weapons require that space

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the weapons require that space

Well, in that case I'd like to add as a suggestion for next update to remove the need for turret cargo space for battleships as no other crafts does this. Just look at the Iguana, 4 guns and 2 missiles +1 CD and the rest of the physical equipment pretty much doubles its visual size without snatching any cargo at all... I don't see a reason why battleship turrets would if other ships doesn't get cargo snatched as well.

Technically, in role-playing reality yr.2199 a cargo hold is a cargo hold and that's the space available that wasn't needed to operate the ship. I would understand Flack ammo, or missiles, but energy-weapons such as Battleship Turrets, no, that just ruins it.

Battleships are already nerfed as they are, but this nerf needs to go away. It's not immersive, just annoying.

Pls consider this for next update. /best regards/

• Technically speaking?

Well, I see your point, but I don't design stuff without a reason.

Technically these turrets have this cargo space volume to prevent that they can ever be mounted on lower class ships. FL does not have many ways something like that can be prevented. The amount of weapon classes is limited and without the source code of the game no new weapon classes can be added.

Therefore I had to rely on alternative methods to prevent that certain equipment gets mounted on ships which were not intended to have access to that equipment.

The cargo space requirement on these turrets is such a method.

Even if I decide to remove the cargo space volume it would not increase the cargospace of the battleships because I would lower that cargo space at the same time.

Battleships are no freighters, no transports, no trains. Their cargo space always will be limited.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Fair point. Ok so let's say the turrets require cargo, would it be complicated to add cargo volume/weight in item description in the future?

I shall call this thread resolved, I thank you for explaining this, thought I had a bug for sure.

• Probably easiest way is to add a small note to the description.

Adding cargo info just like on commodities most certainly would require a plugin.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,