Problems activating Crossfire 2.0

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NegaHeliX.

• Alright. I was given a no-disc, extract-and-play copy of Freelancer and I've beaten it many times (this friend had it on a flash-drive - not sure how it was obtained. didn't ask) - hence the desire to mod it and breathe life back into the game. I obtained FLMM, but had trouble giving it a directory that it felt was acceptable when trying to locate the exe. So, what I ended up doing was extracting the .rar to my desktop first, then renaming the directory to just "Freelancer." Then, FLMM gave me an error saying that it could not find the exe in the C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Freelancer\EXE\EXE path. I was trying to figure out why it was attempting to find the exe there, since there's only one EXE directory in the base folder. Drew a blank and decided I'd jump through a hoop and give it what it wanted - made another EXE directory and dumped the one already existing inside of it, then reinserting it into the base directory. FLMM was happy after that and allowed me to activate the Crossfire mod - or so it seemed. I'll attach an image taken with Snipping Tool to show you what I mean. I'm not sure why it's having trouble copying the file. I thought maybe it was related to FLMM's original problem with needing two "EXE" directories. Crossfire is installed in the right place, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see it in the mod list at all. Any insight you may be able to give is appreciated.

flerror.PNG

• Greetings, the very first advice is make a clean freelancer installation OUTSIDE of windows folders, ideally directly into C:/Freelancer (or other disk) and the same with FLMM, clean (or move) old saves and then proceed with mod installation and activation following advices in our FAQ. CF installer can dealt with most of user PCs, but not all; the biggest issues, which we know, happens when system (Windows) disallow overwrite game files. And please use FLMM version 1.31 which is provided with the mod.

• Thank you greatly for your prompt reply. :D

I don't know if I was just tired, or what the problem was, but for as long as I've been messing with Windows, I should have thought of that. *Slaps forehead*

Thanks again. Will do this when I return home from work this afternoon.