Sharks

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Wallie.

• Those pirates were loitering in Manchester again accosting anyone in their path.

One poor sole was flying a Humpback or something - urgently flying through space ASAP - his level was 40+ though, but not fast enough for the pirate who promptly asked for tax.

What I found out is that even pirates have a heart and a code of honour as after hearing this guy's sad story, the pirate offered to lend him some cash!!!

It seems that this guy is 6 Trillion dollars in debt to two different clans and rather than disappearing and starting again (as I would) he does the honourable thing and tries to pay his dues.

I meet the poor trader in Sol later that day and he asks me for a loan. I dont have enough myself to buy either a train etc but I offer him some advice. He should not take another loan to pay of his other two - that would be a disaster. Maybe he should talk to the clans he owes money to and they may let him trade in their systems - which could be quicker.

He agrees to give them a call and continues his dangerous, long distance trade routes, to earn enough to pay his debts.

A few days later I meet him again and this time he is more confident and has loads of money. He has paid of at least one of the debts and is working through the other.

All I can say is respect - Amigo, well done mate. Shame on those lone sharks though for hassling him during those troubling days,

Shouldn't someone write a piece on the dangers of loans for new players?

• 6 trillion? Are u shure? Who had such a fortune here i don't know.. and even more weird is were someone would spend that much money.... can't be on cardamine, there's not enought to cost that much :P

He should not take another loan to pay of his other two - that would be a disaster

tell that to my financial advisor when he's helping me pay my debts on the bank :(

• @Azadur: Looks like you just did... [11]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• wow he really paid back the loans? Then I have great respect for this pilot. Carry on my friend.

PS: Don't take loans but earn them yourself...much safer :D

greetings,

[HC]_Wallie