MK II House Heavy Fighters

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I saw something yesterday that I hadn't seen in ages: MK II house heavy fighters. The Liberty Defender, the Bretonnian Crusader, the Kusari Dragon, and the Rhineland Valkerie all had MK II versions sold on the capitol planets of house systems. What's the big deal about it? They're laid out like our VHFs with 4 lv 10 and 2 lv 9 gunslots, lv 10 shield slots, and all the other specs that would be appropriate for such a fighter.

Personally, my all-time favorite FL ship out of any mod is the Dragon MK II with the Blood Dragon color scheme (sort of an orange/copper tint to the skin). Lol, it's a ship found in almost every mod I've ever played, but not this one. I was wondering what people thought about such upgraded vanilla ships and whether or not they think they'd be good to see in CF someday (even if their stats would have to be lower a bit)?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Lol!
    I loved the Sabre. I would like to have an updated one!

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• i like to fly my eagle its cheap has good powersupply (at least with my 4 nomad guns :D )and is ablé to outmanover nearly all other VHF's in CF mod :-)

• I'd love to see an updated Anibus Order Fighter...

I think with better stats, it would be an awsome ship ;)

• See the thing with the original vanilla ships is that they're awesome to fly, but most of them can't even dent lv 10 shields will full armaments. If we couldn't make them into VHFs, we could at least raise all of their stats in certain areas to allow them to have a chance vs. the SL fighters, for instance. There isn't a point to having all these available ships if they aren't balanced. If it's not a VHF fighter-wise, nobody will fly it to avoid getting crushed. In a freighter, the same is true. We could just dub it as "advancement in technology" and give the oldies their edge back :D.

• If you can find lv10 VHF in the house systems, there's no reason to go out looking for new systems to see if we can find a good ship. But i belive even so it would be nice to fly a rheiland VHF.. they don't have many..

• That's one of the reasons why making them slightly less than VHF would work, since in such a fighter one would quickly notice that other people are flying better ships. They'd go explore to find the "best" and end up with one of the ships we all use now. Then, the best pilots would go back to the house fighters to find an extra challenge in PvP by allowing their opponents tech advantage.

• Personally, I think that more advanced technology for the Houses is an excellent thing for a mod to do. It does not seem logical, for example, that Liberty, being so close to all the Independent Worlds, and Rheinland, the most powerful House in vanilla FL, would be content to have crappy little waterguns and tin cans for their "navy." If you stock a vanilla Defender with the max guns Liberty offers and put it up against a Valkyrie, decked with Rheinland's best guns, (neither of which can actually mount the best in the House, which doesn't make any sense to begin with), the Valkyrie is going to vape the Defender (rip right into that piss-poor 1600 hull [10] ).

So, I do not think that balancing all the stock House fighters is a bad idea. Making more advanced versions to make "House fights" (or just traveling to Border Worlds/Hispania) more feasible and fair is also a good idea.

Microsoft and DA did a fantastic job on Freelancer as a whole, but they sure left the Houses wanting for some major balancing ... So they left the fun of modding and doing things such as that to us ;)

- Ro9ue

• Just Balance all vanilla ships so they can fight SL ships, they are teh loosez0rs when they fight them right now.
    Maybe make the weapons they can mount just as strong as weapons from the other houses, the edge of them would be that they are different weapon types so you would have to get to every house and get the best weaponcombination there is.

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• yeah balance the ships... make them all stronger
    and destroy the whole sp balance this way
    great idea but nothing that will ever become reality

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!