MS-BLAST!!

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Avenger.

• got my pc from a fresh format...after 2 hours a window popped up saying that pc is going to shut down. (ive got a pic of the error but no host). so this is how to prevent that Worm from shutting down your pc:

1) the virus doesnt show up on your pc cos it acs like a hacker attack

2) MS_BLAST wont attack you if you are disconnected from the internet

3) ways to prevent it: my pc technician gave me a program called fixblast made by Symantec, it tries to detect the virus in your pc first but no worm shows up.

the program opens a site for you and takes you to an ms site were you can download a fix.

apperently you dont get the site once you aint vulnerable but i have its name and a possible site for download: Windows XP Hotfix KB823980 Site: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823980

found the symantec site (the one i got mine from) http://www.microsoft.com/techn…ity/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

4) if you dont have a firewall use the windows firewall (xp users). (i never used this one before but i got no firewall so i have to arrange with this one)

you can activate the firewall from: Control Pannel/Network and internet connections(category view) or network connections(classical view), right click on your connection/properties/Advanced tab and enable: protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the internet.

your internet could slow down a bit but a slower internet is better than the MS-Blast Worm

• um, actually if you do the MS updates straight away or have an updated version of norton anti-virus and firewall you're fine. It doesn't affect 95, 98 or ME either. Microsoft released a patch for this thing a few months before it came about.

• MS-blast huh? is there any possibility u can locate it, contain it, and save it for poorer times? It would be really kickass cool if u suddenly released it again in a while when everyone has let their guard down, perhaps it can even be modified to be better :P

Hey, im not a sadist who likes to see ppls computer screw up but MS deserves it :))

Dead men should be quiet in their graves, but they never are.
    -Lews Therin Telamon

• but that means that ppl who love to play games (windows supports nearly all of the pc games) have to pay the price too

• i had that virus twice, but the hotfix worked...that is the first time i got it a day b4 it became public knowledge, and formatted to get rid. the SECOND time the hotfix worked :S

• use a firewall and u wont have such probs

SWAT_OP-R8R
    Portal-Administrator

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!