Can't create character

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• I recently decided to get back into crossfire and copied my FL ID from my old computer where I had it previously installed. When the game booted up for the first time, I backspaced the default account ID and input my old one. I retrieved my old accounts and could play on the server, but when I decided to delete one to free up room for a fresh char, I was unable to create a new character. The button is clickable and I can input a name, then it continues to the character list and the character does not appear. Also, when I run the file myflaccountid html application, it says the right characters but then adds "WKGVÄ8EHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MICROSOFT GAMES\FREELANCER\1.0\INSTALLKEY" at the end. Has this happened to anyone else?

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• Hello Master,
    Crossfire server currently allows making up to 5 chars per ID. If your old account had more, this could explain why you can't create a new one.

But I've never heard of myflaccountid issue that you described.
    If you want to fix it, you could try editing the registry or using an account manager like FAM-ng to first export the account from your old PC and then import to the new one (but maybe it's better not to touch anything as long as the game works...).