Crossfire 2.0 installer problem Linux mint.

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ShadowsFreaker.

• Well now I know how to properly install CF, I did play it already, but the problem is that I have a new PC and while I am waiting for my win 7 copy I have decided to install CF on Linux mint. Everything was going smoothly I installed Freelancer, FLMM 1.31 and then I went on to install CF into the mod manager. So eventually the setup launched for me with wine but when it loads the setup on the screen I can only see the wallpapers no installation box pops up. Although eventually Alt tabbing popped up the installer screen and I went along with the procedure but when I passed the part of the installation where you have to locate your FLMM and reached the part where you can choose between the Full installation and etc.. (like directx, vcdistrutable or something like that) the options start to blink rapidly and I cant press my mouse on next or enter with the keyboard to continue with the installation process.

It would be really appreciated if someone where to tell me what could I possibly do.

-ShadowsFreaker

In order for a mediocre man to defeat a genius, he has to become a Demon.

Edited once, last by ShadowsFreaker ().

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• well of course you can lol, but i would rather look for someone that helps than rather calls it bad :)
    no offense of course!

• If the creator of the mod (who is one of 3 or four people who had a hand in creating Crossfire) Posts a meme of Fry from Futurama screaming, you might be in trouble.

• I know but i heard that there is some people running this mod and game on linux :)

Private video on whats the error.(maybe some of u will watch out of curiosity) i filmed it quick didnt bother with bandicam or something else.

Yeah, i know its crappy.!

• Thank you for the reply!

if that doesn't work maybe I will try to create a virtual drive and see how that goes.

• issue is fixed. CF has been installed and tested, although i am away atm. I'm at my summer house so u probs wont see me for a while online

• Well it was a twist to fix that, but I got the old FLMM from my old windows hard drive and I just copied the files of CF 2.0 from Windows FLMM to the Linux FLMM and afterwards installed it.

Everything seems to be working (except for some ships designs, but found 4 so far...) nicely.