No Support in Crossfire.....

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Pakundo.

• Ok,

ok,ok......first let me say that I like the Crossfire Mod so far. But one thing bugs me and

that is that the support from taking jobs eraticating other ships (sp) seems to be missing.

In other words I like to hedge my bets. Call it wimping or what ever. I take jobs where I

know I'll eventually get some support. So far every job I take that is suppose to have

support, does not. Has this been written in to make it more challenging? It's not a

complaint but it does rub a little in what seems to be an outstanding Mod with a LOT of hard

work put into it. So just call it a foot note and I'll get on to playing Crossfire. [4]

• Maybe a backup should be friends of your,

you with sevrel others in a group, they can backup you :))

I've been here since Crossfire 1.5 - 2005.
    Good times.
    Maybe it's time to come back?

• I havent

checked that since 1.52 there def used to be other pilots available on some missions.

• Don't know about previous additions of CF but in

Vanilla SL some missions as you say are solo and some have support. I'm a wimp or atleast

like the odds in my favour. So I normally opt out for support. Heel with the Titan (in

Vanilla FL) fully tricked out I normally dispatch all bad guys before support arrives. No I

was just wondering if this was omitted on purpose or something overlooked. Does make it

challenging, but so does going after a fleet of bad guys in your underwaer. [10]

• I have done

missions where support was supposed to be there, one ship turns up, and promptly gets

killed.

This has happened several times.

Best to phone a friend I think.

• Then, perhaps, they showed up and then departed for

another world. The after world, heheh. Anyway you look at it I'm very cautious of gun and

run missions now. I try to stick to traid with a bight. [4]

• you do get support on some missions but its not really worth having and in the tougher

lvl 40 missions the support dies in 30 seconds

• Even weak support makes for a useful distraction! Once you get a REAL ship, even the

40+ missions are gravy train...

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Heh,you wont need any support.If youre good youll own those big bad NPCs ;)

Who needs support? :P

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Whatever...

Need a gun,shield or any piece of equipment?Need a tour around Crossfire? You came to the right place! The *at corporation has the best prices and outstanding quality.We offer tour guides throughout Crossfire for very small fees. Contact me or any player with *at tag for details. :pimp:

• People, I'm 58 years

old, and I'm about as good as they get (conceded though that sounds). But Video games is a

different story. Here I'm barely holding my own. I'm not quicker than some of these NPC,

so I have to try to be smarter. If ya know the dog might bight, don't stick your bloody

hand in it's mouth. But then I guess if your quick and nimble sticking your hand in the

dogs mouth just means it can't bight as hard. Still, have ya ever tried to get rid of a

rabid dog hanging on your arm? Tain't easy. [4]

• The problem is not with you, but the equipment you are using.

With level 9

equipment, you need to pick your guns very carefully.

Until I get some level 10 guns,

killing them is a slow and often tedious business.

Once you have 4 level 10 guns,

and a decent shield, you can go out without bots/bats, and make more by selling your victims

discarded ones.

Why do it? 100k per tractor pod. Average level 40 mission is worth

1.5M, takes about 10-20 minutes.

Takes a lot of trading to make that profit, that

quick.

• Is this a Plane?

NO!

IS this a Monster

Truck?

NO NO!

IT's a Big BUT that comes to

us.....................

[SIZE=4]BUT[/SIZE] The escape pods are 100k per one only

at [SIZE=3]PLANET CROSSFIRE[/SIZE]!

Evrywhere else it's just 1$!!!

I've been here since Crossfire 1.5 - 2005.
    Good times.
    Maybe it's time to come back?