Mice

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tassie Devil.

• Im looking for a better mouse to play CF with ,I have looked at Razor

Copperhead.
    Just wondered if anyone has 1 or what you would recommend?

• I use to play FL with touchpad mouse. I have

better degree of movement there with my laptop. I have problem with desktop mouse,

especially when we have some lagg on mp games. However, I have the wireless logitech mouse

and work close enough for me.

Anyway, if you want some input, check

here...

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=19&t=165

</p><p><br></p><p>http://forum…rsion/index.php?t159.html

http://www.noteb</p><p><br></p…php?p=1190701#post1190701

http://fo</p><p><br></p><p>rum…s-archive.cfm/381391.html

From those 4

address, if you dont make up your mind you are in a serious

trouble

sincerely,

RG

Originally posted by Wavey
    Im looking for a better mouse to play CF with

,I have looked at Razor Copperhead.
    Just wondered if anyone has 1 or what you would

recommend?

Razors are good mice. I use Logitech MX-1000 for everything and it

r0x. If you want a wired mouse, than choose between Razor Copperhead, Razor DiamondBack &

Logitech MX-518. They are all great mice. But I would recomend you to go to the store

somewhere and try the desired mouse before you buy it. I personally don't like Razor mice

because of argonomy - they just don't fit into my hand (small mice suck). That's why i

bought me a MX-1000. It's huge and it fits my hand perfectly. Your hand should have the

priority over everything when choosing your mouse.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I have the Kensington

Optical Pro, with 5 programmables......it's big too, so it fits my hand well.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• hi there the post is maybe a little old but i think it sould be allive then the hardware go faster and better !!!

ok i used an logitech mx 1000 for 2 years this was an very good and fast mouse to play FL
    now i use a logitech g7 this is my favorite to play FL its very fast and had a very good handling

(\__/)

AMD Athlon64 4000+ l 2048 RAM l 2xMsi NX7800GTX in Sli l DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI) l 1000GB Hdd l 17"CRT l FL@1280x960x32bit l XP64 with sp1

• I still use 4 years old wired (with ball too) logitech but i heard that its important to have a specific specially good for optic mouse pad otherwise it might jump around on your desktop.

• yes you need a good mouse pad for example to use an optical mouse take a hard pad or a speed pad i use the razer exact mat but that prob with g7 and this pad is that this pad is doublesided and only one side (the Speed side) is working with mice i think the second side is only designed for the copperhead from razer

(\__/)

AMD Athlon64 4000+ l 2048 RAM l 2xMsi NX7800GTX in Sli l DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI) l 1000GB Hdd l 17"CRT l FL@1280x960x32bit l XP64 with sp1

• The Mouse,The Mouse, of course the mouse!
    I must have a bad mouse that gets me into trouble and all this time I thought that I sucked in CF. I'll get some new meese and try to improve my play.

To achieve an advance that cannot be hampered, rush to his weak points.

To achieve a withdrawal that cannot be pursued, depart with superior speed. ?

SUN TZU The Art Of War

• OK Guys

Im buying a new mouse.

On offer, where i live, and staring with the cheapest:

MX518 - Logitech
    Diamondback - Razer
    G5 - Logitech
    Copperhead - Razer
    G7(cordless) - Logitech

What do u have?

What would u recommend?

Whats the best value?

Or is just what i can afford.

The G7 is 2 times the price of the MX518.

• I own, and have used for the past 5 months, a Logitech G5.
    The Laser ownz all in tracking. It also tracks on just about any surface
    (I actualy put my mouse up to my monitor glass, and it tracked perfectly)

Overall, even though its wired... I say go with the G5, its the cheapest Laser mouse out there, and its latest technology... so you dont have to worry about upgrading any time soon.

one thing to note about the G5... the black sides feel like Grit when you first get it...
    this is NORMAL, it will smooth out over time depending on how YOU use it.

Plus it has On-The-Fly DPI Adjustments, and with the software, you can set 5 levels of speed that it can adjust from instantly.

Personaly, I say the G5 is your best bang for the buck!
    and I personaly back up the G5 Performance! :D

P.S. If you do anything which requires extremely accurate movement of the mouse, such as Graphic editing, etc...
    this works PERFECT! Saved me alot of time in Photoshop
    doing cutouts cause i was able to change the DPI Down to lowest when I needed the Accuracy

• I'm currently using a G-5 as well, and I fully agree with nsm here.....

oh...btw...stay away from the Saitek "Gaming Mouse". It has major issues holding it's USB connection once you start trying to play games....

• Thanks for the advice guys.

The Diamondback n G5 are about the same price but the G5 looked better from the stats.

Compared to what im currently using anything would be an improvement.

All i need now is for the server to power up again and life will be sweet. :)