Posts by Fitter55

@ PointlessWarrior114

If your location is Australia I could post a CD to you M8, but walk a lot and take lots of left turns is funny but unhelpful in determining your part of the world. All I can offer is to advise patience and perserverance. :D
    BTW I dont think a 183 Mb email attachment will amuse your ISP.

Absolutely true Chief, If he gets ground up and spit out flying solo in the DK home systems enough he might even ask to join a clan :D

You can have a great deal of fun fighting on the run and such against overwhelming odds

When I went past Gurm in SP it became pretty tedious just trying to survive.LOL

Congrats for solving your problem under your own steam M8. I must add that to venture out of NY and all the way to X-3043 at level 2 in the SP game takes a certain class of bravery. At best a Starflier with 3 popguns and a wet tissue for a shield. Certainly a certain class of bravery. :D

Yay ! Freedom you are right, the file seems to be posted but ,when I tried the LR link nothing happened. The links to both of OP's sites were working but I will not use them for fear of blowing his limit again. I think I will wait for an announcement from the Boss first.

Fitter55

YOU DO IT !!!
    No, You do it.
    You do it or I,ll sic the dog on you !!! Rover, where are you ??
    [SIZE=1]bugger .....[/SIZE] ....OK I,ll do it..............

Hello RECON,
    How are you today, very pleased to meet you even if we havent met. Do you mind if I ask a question ?
    UMMM. What on earth are you talking about ???
    Thank You

Well,... Thanks to all who contributed.
    I must say I'm a little disapointed at the way things got sidetracked into a discussion about Bittorrents and variations of P2P filesharing. I was asking OP his opinion of secure FTP transfer between members of the community to lessen the load in general.

Originally posted by Marcos Olivares
    plz. read my post i talked about a Torrent scheme to spread the mod :] :] :]

Yes I read the post. Torrents are not secure and you have little control over the process.Im talking about old fashioned FTP with the transfer passworded. Thanks anyway for your input :D

Hi to all,
    Still stuck in dial up land,construction work sucks like a hoover but pays like a goldmine (he he)

@ OP and all others, What are your thoughts on a do-it-yourself file transfer scheme for 1.62? Im no computer longbrain like some and just want to float some thoughts.
    Is it possible for 1 person to download 1.62 and then ftp a copy to 2 other people using say Filezilla (freeware) and then those 2 do the same to 2 more people each?
    Obviously a chain reaction effect and individual DSL accounts dont get a hammering like OP's did last month.
    If the file was wrapped correctly it should not corrupt in transit, i think.(dunno,I'm just a plain electrician)
    Something like this could have a lot of benefits too, its something no other mod community has,it promotes contacts and interactions outside the game itself and it shows the world we can find a way around problems.
    Hmmm, Ive reread this and the last bits getting a bit in front of itself. [7]
    Anyway,any coments?

Hi To all,
    Im still jammed out in the back blocks working and havnt played for nearly a month. When i try to access the web address "www.crossfire.swat-portal.de" to see how the server is operating and check the stats I get a strange page and the message

The domain "www.crossfire.swat-portal.de" is not available.

Whats Confixx ??
    Is this whats happening to others??

@Marshal,
    Whats wrong M8? Your posts are becoming entertaining,clear and relevant. Better open a can of S**M for a recharge :D
    Seriously I intend to ask for an invite on a DK hunt when I sort out my heap of S**T computer and get back in the game. OR, Is that a chicken hunt OR a turkey shoot?

To all the computer experts here,
    I was trawling through my system trying to find a reason for a massive lockup today.
    This was logged on my software firewall.

Hope you can make sense of it.
    It appears to be a huge surge of attempts to connect out and to me it looks like a trojan attack.
    As you can see came straight out of freelancer . exe
    At this stage I had downloaded client 1.6 and install into FLMM, Activated the mod and I think the lockup occurred while the program was connecting to the global freelancer server list. Locked up good enough to need the plug pulled. Rebooted cleanly and no further problems. I have loaded FL and run in SP and connected in MP and created a char on the 1.6 server.
    Any Thoughts ?

ARGGGH.
    I Cant stand this,
    The test days get changed or mixed up and I was not busy any more for the test.

I get picked to be part of the test team, YAY!!
    I wait and nothing happens.
    I find out reading the posts that I need ICQ installed and OP in the contacts list.
    I do that and wait and wait and wait.
    I chat with someone with ICQ (a test,handy thing ICQ)
    I wait and wait
    I send message to OP asking for directions but he's probably busy.
    I'm still waiting and its 48 hours untill I start another 7 day shift
    ARGGGH.
    I hope someone got a laugh from that , I feel much better now.

bg but they are small in numbers

ioc are got few good pilots

dad hmmm i realy dunno never see any of them

cfpd .. good mans

.lp .. i see few but they are very rare

fallens ... same like lp .... grrr .. they are funny

atlast dc ... hmm

Sorry m8 I seem to have missed mention of the biggest bunch of rogues,petty criminals and smugglers in X-Fire.
    The clan that has its nose in everything in the relentless pursuit of FUN. From CSF/ASF battles to stirring up Gunny when things are quiet.
    What happened to the PIA ?