Won't activate, FLMM griping about startupscreen.bmp

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hi everyone,

Literally spent the last 3 hours smashing my head against a wall trying to get this thing to work.

I completely uninstalled Freelancer, nuked the My Documents\My Games\Freelancer folder, nuked the folder in Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer

I'm running the correct version of FLMM that it asks for (1.3). I've run the install as an admin, I'm running FLMM as an admin.

Every time it says

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition'Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire\DATA\INTERFACE\Intro\Images\startupscreen_16ws.bmp' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\Intro\Images\startupscreen_16.bmp')

Help!

• You forget to nuke your registry :D
    ... as well as (probably) removing some write protections AND (very likely) set your UAC and security things (Firewalls, AVs, complete suites) properly.
    (esp. last can be a pain in the ass, if forgotten ^^ )

Even though you have already spent so mucch time, pls READ the attached installation guide.
    [xattach=5482][/xattach][xattach=5483][/xattach]
    The "fool" proved on and made for as well as by ... is ME :P after I tried installation for 3 days.
    Took me another 3 days (with al these "trial-n-error") to make it.

With doing it - after reading - slowly and step by step you should be done and running in about 45 minutes to an hour. :)

• Thanks.

This mod had better be worth it. Never known the like.

Also, yes, UAC is off and I've already checked write permissions.

• Issue with 'interface' folder means that was problem with proper mod install into flmm. I'm almost sure that second installer file was not installed and therefore all next steps failed. Please check size for crossfire folder in flmm/mods ... there should be missing files. If I remember right, it is possible extract second file by 7zip manually. In bugtracker please search for reports made by (IOC)Wanderer, he had similar issue.