Delta Rising Story vs. Delta Rising Reputation

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Crusader.

• Delta Rising comes with a new Reputation system and new Reputation Ground and Space sets. To purchase them you need to a specific amount of dilithium, delta marks and Ancient Power Cells.

Obtaining the power cells is a bit tricky for the fact that they only drop as reward for Adv. or Elite Delta Reputation PVEs.
    So playing Borg Disconnected on Normal wont give you any Ancient Power Cells as reward.
    You would need to play this mission on Adv. difficulty or elite which both is extremely hard to do.

The only other option you have is to play Bug Hunt Adv. which is a new Ground PVE mission.
    The mission is less hard to do and rewards the required power cells for the reputation system.

One problem however is, that you have to unlock this mission first.
    You can not play it with a toon that is below level 56.
    You can not play it with a toon that has not played the Delta Rising storyline yet (at least to the point where you have finished to play “The Dragon's Deceit”).
    Only then you can play this mission and obtain the power cells required for the reputation system.

Note: there is still the chance to get power cells on kobali prime IF there are T4 reward for that mission or by rare drops from delta reputation boxes.
    (But well, so far ive only obtained 2 power cells this way)

It makes sense to get your chars at least to that point where you can play this mission.
    The adv. bug hunt is a mission that you practically can not fail and the mission is not taking that long. So the reward is guaranteed.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just reached lvl 60 with my main (Science Officer in a T5-U Fleet Assault with MK XII gear on advanced setting), have just over 1000 Delta marks and almost Tier 5 in reputation system. Now I can start on the Bug Hunt Adv as I will need the Ancient Power Cells fairly soon. Saying that, looking at the rep gear, it is only MK XII, like the other rep gears from the various rep systems. I would have expected/hoped that the Delta Rep gear would be at least MK XIII.

• of course not
    this way you have to spend even more dilithium for upgrades

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• underwhelming actually
    and the visuals cant even compensate that feeling

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I have got the deflector, which is ok. Nothing world shattering, but the rest indeed doesn't look all that impressive.

• Well i havent took a look at all the item stats yet.
    I still have one week to go before i reach T5 and while looking at the first items i decided not to bother about the rest.
    I have not bought anything yet since I might get confused what i have to buy later ^^.

its bet to buy everything at once and store it then on one of my other ships.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'm also just a few days away from getting T5, but I'm gonna hold off getting the rest of the set for now as I don't really need it. So far I have been quite happy with the Assimilated Borg set.

• well, for me still the pokemon syndrom applies
    gotta catch em all

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• From what fleet members have told me, the Delta set is more of a tradeoff of DPS for survivability, That's not too far from the truth, is it?

• I haven't bothered with the Delta rep stuff either. I so far still prefer the Assimilated Borg and Dyson rep equipment. I just feel more comfortable with it, if that makes any sense.

• the delta set indeed is very defence sided
    nothing that would improve your attacks

but even if i would want to improve my defense i probably would use the kobali set instead
    that seems to have better values and better set bonus + is to a small amount focused on command abilities

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Tried out the Kobali set in pvp by accident when somone challenged me and i accepted, thought it was a mission (getting old), and i have to say i quite like the Kobali set. Useless if offense is your thing but great defensive set. Guy couldn't kill me no matter how hard he tried, and he did try. Nailed him once and then he left :)

• and the best is... its free

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Free is almost always good ;-)
    I use the set on my "free Samsar Cruiser", and it works very well so far. Over the next few weeks I try to upgrade to level XIV.