The "Truth" about Landing Areas and what not to say!

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• It is never a good idea to try to prank a smart five year old. My Grandson was watching me play for several hours with numerous comments and questions. Since he has seen me land a F-14 on an Aircraft Carrier, he was intrigued by the constant "Automatic Landing" feature in Freelancer. I decided to re-play Freelancer without any MODs just for fun - one more time. I spent about an hour landing on every base in the New York System. When I landed on Manhattan for the fifth or sixth time my grandson piped up and asked about landing on the star. I was going to be educational and explain things like heat, gravity and radiation when I got inspiration from an old joke I heard. I told him, "You can only land on a star at night time when it is cooled off." Two days later, I get a call from his school to call his teacher. Seems my grandson was spreading my vast wealth of knowledge to his fellow First Graders. I still haven't called his teacher yet, but I did correct my information to my grandson, who quite frankly told me that "Lying is not nice!"

So the next time I plan to educate my grandson on Space, Rockets, Stars and Planets, I'll used Wiki as a source. I'm still waiting for his teacher to stop by the house and rap my knuckles for telling lies to my grandson.

I can't wait for him to ask about "How Babies are Made?" I think I'll use the "Test tube and lightning bolt" story on him then. Some kids will repeat anything you say or do, so now I only lie to my wife at night!

Edited once, last by Franco428: Corrections ().

• your story is not entirely wrong
    stars categorized as brown dwarfs have like normal stars a fusion process but soon after their creation start to cool down
    it shouldnt be hard to find one that has average temperatures like here on earth

they are cold but technically they are still stars

of course landing is a bit tricky as they dont have a solid ground but you could fly into it ... open the cockpit window and experience a great sun set
    well... if you survive the heavy gravity of course.

so if the teacher is making troubles... ask him if he knows what brown dwarf stars are
    and tell him that in science every theory about practically everything is valid until proving wrong... it would be his job to lay down such a proof

(good that i dont have kids... they would have troubles each week))

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Great story!! :roflmao:

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock