the initial level is too difficult

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RTH53.

• I have read various comments on the internet that say

the initial level is too difficult

and play the game (without inside tips to get a better ship).
    And yes its too difficult.
    it is a low level ship not even possible on the main routes to change the territories.

?(

• Hello Taccat, is it SP or MP that you are playing?

In MP you are initially given 150.000 credits that you can either spend on a freighter for trading (Rhino/Clydesdale/Drone and upgrade to Swashbuckler shortly) or get a better fighter ship (I recommend getting a Drake from New Tokyo). In either case, do not try to use the default Starflier! In order to compete with NPCs in New York / Liberty systems, you need a higher-class ship.

Also, this article can help you a lot: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…rticleID=955&languageID=1

- Wanderer -

• if you are playing the SP storyline, I would recommend that you buy the trading ship at manhattan before starting the first mission. get the best guns/turrets you can afford. believe me you can do the first mission ok as you will have decent firepower. after that get as much cash as you can, but do not take the next mission until you are ready. there are ways to get a decent ship with good shield and guns for less than 1 mill. if you want spoilers, you will have to PM me

have fun, coz it is

Ray OK

• I can only speak about MP.Unless you get a nice donation from a generous pilot you have to go after Liberty rogues at first or get lower end cargo ship.those first pod will be tough to collect because you will have low level guns.I recommend a Patroit as a fighter till you get at least 750k.then go after Black Eagle.Don't for get about Junker bribe before you leave the NY sys and surronunding systems.
    Good kuck,Bandit