Crossfire corrupting immediately following launcher update

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• Hi all,

I'm new to the mod and I've never been on the server before, sadly that's proving rather difficult. I installed Freelancer, then the Mod Manager, then Crossfire, then activated it to the launcher, then waited for updates. Afterwards it says to activate the multiplayer until the menu in game, which I did and worked (nice opening video by the way). Upon relaunching the game the launcher begins loading (and perhaps downloading more?) with a little bar at the bottom, then an error code pops up. Two actually.

The first says, "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Freelancer\launcher\shaders.xml'. It dangles the option to continue right before the second error message comes up which only give the options to close the program, or close the program and check online for a solution (it lies). Here are the problem details it gives:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: freelancer.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.9.0.7
    Problem Signature 03: 51d95239
    Problem Signature 04: CFLauncher
    Problem Signature 05: 0.9.0.7
    Problem Signature 06: 51d95239
    Problem Signature 07: 14
    Problem Signature 08: 0
    Problem Signature 09: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

So it sounds like it's just a missing shaders file. If someone wants to send that to me I'd appreciate it, just PM me for my email.

Extra Info: I'm using a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate, fresh Freelancer install, vanilla game otherwise seems fine. The Mod Manager has errors rolling back the mod and keeps crashing. This is the second attempt at a full install (Game, manager, mod, not windows, lol). I believed I can reinstall the mod and play the single player rather than hit multiplayer and start the new launcher which seems to be the problem. Hopefully someone can just send me this file, I'll pop it in, and hopefully have no more problems.

Thanks for any help, :)
    -Jim H.

• Hello jthighwind,

Crossfire is not possible uninstall (too big). If you tried this, you need reinstall whole FL and CF. Check in my siggy entry to CF wiki and there Troubleshootings. Atm CF use new launcher (change was needed due server change) and this can have for some players issues (like crash sometimes). Check please wiki first and we can after solve probs if you still will have some.

Also is very good idea follow step by step mod installation/activation: index.php?page=FaqDetail&category=7#question12

.. problem with missing file is usually related to 'write protected' file.

• Ah thank you for the prompt reply. I've reinstalled the game, manager, and mod again so I can at least play single player. Now I've gotten a, "Crossfire Update not found ... only Singleplayer available [E11]" error. I figure I'll let this sit and play the single player game for a while. I'll pop back and try the updates later.

Thank you though I'll give those links a read,
    -Jim

• Updates not found: usually temporary (very occasionally) problem with not accessible downloads required for MP (Dynamic Economy) (... now checked and updates works normally). And one more thing: if you encounter problem with crashing launcher after you close and again start CF, check running processes ... on some PCs is not closed process Freelancer.exe (need be closed manually).

• I got that "CF update not found... etc" only when i got problem with my internet connection... once connection is good... everything is OK...