Posts by jthighwind

Ah thank you for the prompt reply. I've reinstalled the game, manager, and mod again so I can at least play single player. Now I've gotten a, "Crossfire Update not found ... only Singleplayer available [E11]" error. I figure I'll let this sit and play the single player game for a while. I'll pop back and try the updates later.

Thank you though I'll give those links a read,
    -Jim

I've beaten Freelancer before (although I have a poor memory, so don't give away spoilers) and figured I'd give it another go. I'm really looking forward to Star Citizen and I figured I'd hone my skills on a familiar platform. I also figured I'd spice it up (not much skill can improve battling the vanilla AI) so I shopped around for mods and yours looks quite in depth! I look forward to playing it.

Unfortunately I'm having some problem with the newest patches corrupting the install. I already posted in the help needed thread here . So hopefully I can get this hammered out soon and see you all in space.

Safe Flying,
    -Jim H.

Hi all,

I'm new to the mod and I've never been on the server before, sadly that's proving rather difficult. I installed Freelancer, then the Mod Manager, then Crossfire, then activated it to the launcher, then waited for updates. Afterwards it says to activate the multiplayer until the menu in game, which I did and worked (nice opening video by the way). Upon relaunching the game the launcher begins loading (and perhaps downloading more?) with a little bar at the bottom, then an error code pops up. Two actually.

The first says, "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Freelancer\launcher\shaders.xml'. It dangles the option to continue right before the second error message comes up which only give the options to close the program, or close the program and check online for a solution (it lies). Here are the problem details it gives:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: freelancer.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.9.0.7
    Problem Signature 03: 51d95239
    Problem Signature 04: CFLauncher
    Problem Signature 05: 0.9.0.7
    Problem Signature 06: 51d95239
    Problem Signature 07: 14
    Problem Signature 08: 0
    Problem Signature 09: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

So it sounds like it's just a missing shaders file. If someone wants to send that to me I'd appreciate it, just PM me for my email.

Extra Info: I'm using a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate, fresh Freelancer install, vanilla game otherwise seems fine. The Mod Manager has errors rolling back the mod and keeps crashing. This is the second attempt at a full install (Game, manager, mod, not windows, lol). I believed I can reinstall the mod and play the single player rather than hit multiplayer and start the new launcher which seems to be the problem. Hopefully someone can just send me this file, I'll pop it in, and hopefully have no more problems.

Thanks for any help, :)
    -Jim H.