Mobius destroyer & wells temporal

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Whiskyrunners_Inc..

• Anyone have any good builds for Mobius temporal destroyer? going to us it with my eng toon

Also wells class, any ideas for any good setups for eng toon?

• What are you looking for? PvE, PvP, attempted balance of both?
    While i have neither of those ships yet, i'd be happy to see how i'd build it and share that.

KDF or FED side? (just so i know which consoles you can get for cheap on the exchange, mostly)

looking at the mobius right now, will post a couple ideas later.

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)

• i'll start with the PvE monster:

Cmdr. Tac: TT1, ApB1, ApO1, CSV3
    Lt. Tac: TT1, CSV1
    Ens. Eng: EptS1
    Lt. Cmdr Uni - Eng: EptE1, Aux2Bat1, RSP1
    Lt. Uni - Sci: HE1, TSS2

Doffs: 3x Purple Technician (B'tran), RSP doff,

Equip:

Fore weaps: 4xDHC (rom/fleet plasma - [CrtD]x2 / [CrtD])
    aft: 2xTuret (rom/fleet plasma [Acc]x2), Kinetic Cutting Beam

Deflector: Assimilated Borg
    Engines: Assimilated Borg
    Shield: Elite Fleet Resilient / MACO XII / Adv. Fleet Resilent

Consoles i'd start with
    Eng: Mannheim, Assimilated Module
    Sci: Zero Point Module, maybe Plasmonic leech, rest Embassy Plasma (skills i'd prolly take Shield Emitters and/or Flow Cap to increase leech drain)
    Tac: 4x Plasma Infusers of course ;)

-----------------------
    a single Aux2Batteries with 3 technicians should allow you to keep both EptX up and running while also reducing the CD for RSP, ApO, ...
    howerver Aux2Bat builds certainly have their downsides as well (difficult to fly due to more timing-requitrements, low aux cycles, ...) but that's prolly what i'd try first on that ship.
    if you want to take a different route, replace the technicians with damage control engineers and slot an Aux2SIF instead (or Aux2IDampeners + the new doff for longer uptime + energy res, as an eng you prolly don't need the heal anyways)

• I have recently started thinking of making ships PVP ready and if i do play PVE, they are normally able to hold there own!

I would say that i am looking for a pvp build for both ships and ill be using antiproton because it seems to be the best to go with mobius and wells.

I agree that plasma looks good but fleet anti proton looks even better!

i'll start with the PvP idea i have:

Equip:

Fore weaps:1xchroniton dual beam (this and BO3...epic) 3xDHC (fleet Antiproton - probably two accuracy and one heavy damage),
    aft: 1xTuret (fleet Antiproton [Acc]x2), Kinetic Cutting Beam, 1x Temporal distortion device

Shield: MACO XII ( what about going all MACO any good?)

Consoles i'd start with
    Eng: Mannheim, neutronium alloy XII
    Sci: Zero Point Module, field generator, tachyokinectic converter, tipler cylinder (so then i can get all the bonuses)
    Tac: 3x anti proton, assimilated module

Let me know what you think? And if it is worth having mayheim and tipler for the added bonus?

• ive a pretty good universal cruiser build
    good for PVE, very good for PVP

usually cruisers are not build for PVP (or at least people say that its not good) but i made good experiences in the past fights (e.g. died one time and did 16 kills on the last capture and hold game)

fleet antiprotons are great
    ACC2 or ACC3 if possible
    I use full maco xii set... my cruiser keeps me alive a long time with it

I personally wouldnt take kinetic cutting beams as they are designed to do hull damage. The biggest problem in PVP are the player shields which regenerate very fast and players often use shield bats so your cutting beam is pretty useless. Next to that does it receive absolutely no bonus from tactical consoles and is in my eyes even weaker than an antiproton turret (which receives damage bonus from the tac consoles).

While antiproton are great i am convinced that also other weapon types do good damage. The only thing you should never use in PVP is plasma weapons since practically every PVP player uses shields from items sets (like maco, omega or borg). Those shields have if i remember right 25% plasma damage resistance by default.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• that is very true about plasma!!

I was thinking about a cruiser but i like to have manoeuvrability. Hence why i go for an excort on a tact toon! I have been using the Chel Brett but now want a change and i am thinking of the mobius since it has all these abilities.

Antiproton is the way forward and i think that if i was going to use beams, i would use it on the wells!! since it cant have cannons but i have seen torpedo boat setups and a guy in our fleet uses it for /healing and tank effects!

the choices are endless but what is the best for PVP/PVE with good manoeuvrability??

• for PvP i'd go with [Acc]x2 Antiproton as well (or Elite Fleet Disrtuptors - that's what i'm using on my main PvP boat atm - Fleet Dhelan KDF).
    DBB + BO3 is nice, using that to good effect myself, and the chroniton DBB does look sweet indeed.
    can't find the stats for the temporal disruption device atm, but sure, give it a try.

Shield: MACO XII ( what about going all MACO any good?)

the 2 pt. assimilated borg hull heal proc will do a great job at keeping you alive and is IMO superior to both maco set boni combined.
    the MACO shield however is great and only surpassed by elite fleet for general toughness.

Consoles i'd start with
    Eng: Mannheim, neutronium alloy XII
    Sci: Zero Point Module, field generator, tachyokinectic converter, tipler cylinder (so then i can get all the bonuses)
    Tac: 3x anti proton, assimilated module

Let me know what you think? And if it is worth having mayheim and tipler for the added bonus?

i'd prolly try one of the new shiny dill mine consoles with [+Turn] instead of the stock neutronium, iirc even the mk x ones are close to similar res and m,ore turn is always nice to have
    if you already have the complete temporal set, sure try it out. btw isn't that the famed TIF / Temporal Inversion Field?? if so it's supposed to be one of the most powerful abilities in PvP. often denounced as OP ;)

the only thing i really have a problem with is the assimilated module in a tac slot. as an eng you'll have a hard enough time doing killing amage anyways, i'd put it in the slot of either the field gen, neutronium or zero piont and leave one of them out in favor of a 4th AP console.

-----------------------------
    concerning the no plasma in PvP issue one might argue that, with the emergence of Elite Fleet Shields, it's becoming less and less of an issue in high end PvP
    however, for the time being i'd stick to AP, Disruptor, Tetryon and Phasers for now

• any plans for Boff seating yet?

i'm thinking:

Cmdr. Tac: TT1, CRF1, BO3, ApO3
    Lt. Tac: BO1, CSV1/CRF1
    Ens. Eng: EptE1/EptW1
    Lt. Cmdr Uni - Eng: ET1, Aux2SIF1, EptS3 / maybe have another standing by with EptS1, Aux2SIF1, RSP1

with 2 conn officers to keep TT1 up all the time you'Re under fire, ET counters stuff like VM, Web Mines and a couple others afaik. have yet to try it in PvP myself though.

or possibly all-out offensive:

Cmdr. Tac: TT1, CRF1, BO3, CRF3
    Lt. Tac: TT1, BO2
    Ens. Eng: EptS1
    Lt. Cmdr Uni - Tac: Target Subsystem (engines / shields ...), ApD1, ApO1

• amazing advice!!

One think i would like to know is, what is more powerful than neutronium mk XII very rare?? is there an elite console i haven't been told about?

for the doffs, your advice was spot on, was thinking of going all out offensive considering im a eng toon looking to be a tact toon lol. But i have played soo much with my tact toon with my fleet defiant, i am now used to playing like that!!

Yes the temporal inversion field does come from this ability!!

ill let you know what i go for! keep the ideas coming because i have had a brain wave!!

• There are Neutronium Consoles from the dill mine that come with secondary effects (like [+Turn] gives the same bonus as 1/2 RCS console of the same MK)

not quite sure about the name, but iirc for the MK Xs it was:

Fleet Neutronium Alloy MK X [+Turn]
    +18.8 all res
    +18.8% Turn rate

• our fleet has just unlocked that but need provisions before we can buy any of them!

Right unlocked my mobius and have set it up, when i finish work ill post the ship to ya and you can tell me yeah or neah!

• i'll start with the PvE monster:

Equip:

Fore weaps: 1x Chroniton dual beam(lobi) I use BO3 with this and get 15k dps in one hit! and 3x anti pronton DHC I have CRF3 as well
    aft: 2x anti proton Turrets , Temporal diruption device

Shield: MACO XII

Consoles
    Eng: 2 of the shield consoles XII
    Sci: , Manheim device, Temporal.... forgotten the name (so i get the temporal bonus), Subspace jumper, forgotten the last bit lol
    Tac: 3x Anti proton rare XI and Assimilated module ;)

What do you think so far? most things are fleet weapons except for two up front DHC which are XII borg

Any thoughts?