The old launcher is not update-problem solved

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by firewaran.

From the start of new launcher i can't start multiplayer. The old launcher is not update. I'm still with the old and when i open launcher starting download to 182...and then Crossfire Update not found ... only Singleplayer available [E4]. Singleplayer works fine. Before the new launcher i had this problem sometimes (rare) but is was from surver i just wait several minutes and all is fine or if is not from surver i restart my PC and then all is good. But now from days i can't start multiplayer. I was reinstall all (the game, the mod, launcher), but the problem is here. ?(

Problem solved:
    The reason of this problem (and maybe for the problems of other players with the new launcher) is in missing files in folder [EXE-launcher] they are many but i was with only 3 of them. Probably not be downloaded.
    The size of folder [Launcher] is 39,5MB. In this folder has 1 file and 1 folder [xulrunner]. In [xulrunner] folder has folder [dictionaries] and 46 other files (most files are KBs).
    In folder [dictionaries] has 2 files. I took all the files from other player (he transfer me this files with Skype but is very slow proces tnx Night-Hunter :thumbsup: ). My question is if someone can post the whole folder with all files for peoples with this problem (of course only if it is not in violation of forum rules ?( ).
    P.S. With all these files the multiplayer works for me 8).

Break the chains of life! Fly freely!

Edited once, last by (IOC)Ice-Warrior: add text ().

• im wondering how that can even be since the launcher first downloads these files and after that it switches to the new version

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• HI there,

i encounter the same error message
    "Crossfire Update not found ... only Singleplayer available [E4]"

The only hint i found on the net was that the process has no access to the file.
    I made sure that all files in my freelancer-folder are not write protected. The error still occured.
    I used Process Monitor to find out where a problem might be.

After downloading file 206 i get the above error message and Process Monitor says that freelancer.exe wants to access the follwing files:
    \Freelancer\EXE\INetENU.DLL
    \Freelancer\EXE\INeENU.DLL
    \Freelancer\EXE\INetEN.DLL
    \Freelancer\EXE\1033\INet.dll

Unfortunately i dont have them, i am not sure if i need them but is the only thing i found.
    I search on the installation cd in cab1.cab and cab2.cab to see if these files are there, but i didn't find them.
    I also checked the the crossfire1.9.exe if the files might be hidden in there, negative.

Does someone know where i can find them to manually copy them there?

Background:
    I dont know why they are missing, before the last fresh install i was able to update to the new luncher, but with the new
    luncher i was not able to start the game, start game button was missing.
    I tried a fresh install and now i am able to play singleplayer but multiplayer doors are closed because of this error.

Thanks for reading, standby for help ;-)

regards,
    Firewaran.

• inetenu.dll is not part of FL and also not part of the mod

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi,

ok, knowing that this is not the problem i investigated a bit more.

I found out that a specific file could not be downloaded from the server.
    In my case "omni.ja" was the file that was not copied to the desired destination folder.

I don't know if it was a problem of Internet Explorer, checksum error or file could not be copied.
    After i did this step manually and restarted the luncher a bunch of other files got downloaded after file 206 and the error message is gone.

In my case the problem with the error E4 is solved.

Have a nice evening.

Regards,
    Firewaran.