What to to when playing the new crossfire singleplayer? over FL Campaign

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• Hi there,

Is it possible to skip the freelancer storyline, to go straight to the crossfire storyline, i actually just completed the storyline again for probably the upteenth time, then after feeling like the game was not complete, found you guys. If so, how do i activate it and play it with the new 8) story line in crossfire 1.9

• Hello samfree91, welcome here. You need replay whole last 'vanilla' mission to be able continue with CF added storyline in SP. Added missions are done as 'update' to this last mission ... wasn't technically possible (locked FL code) use another way.

• hi there,

I would like to point out that if you are used to the vanilla FL missions, you will find the CF ones quite a bit harder.
    with this in mind I would advise you to play the game from the beginning, it will acclimatise you to the harder more intelligent NPC's in the CF storyline.
    also you can purchase far superior ships to help you through them, where you were limited in what ships and weaponry you could buy in the vanilla version.

anyways it is your choice, enjoy the mod and the extended storyline. me - I am waiting for the new mod to come out.

have fun

Ray OK

• updates? ... if you mean CF 2.0 then dunno, but I myself know that I will replay all when this new mod version come out ... will be worth it :) (but for CF 2.0 release we all will need still wait, release date in not known yet)

• I just want to mention, that for me is better to don't have specific date, because if it have and OP is unable do get done the mod in time people will get angry, like when was with cf 1.9, and he will get angry too and will make that to be launch few months later.
    So, let him work in peace, because it's no easy to be finish fast somthing so massive (and to know that the size of the cf 2.0 will be more than 5 GB... like one game, but this is mod)
    So let him to make his magic with the stuffs that he and all from dev team work on, and when it's ready we will be able to play the final battle in SP and we will have more good MP.
    But until then we will wait without hampering and annoy those who try to entertain us again :)
    keep up with the good work ;)
    BTW this worth some vote up... just kidding (well if someone want to give vote up will be good :) )
    Hunter out.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Hi,
    And Welcome to crossfire..This mod is very hard and expensive in the beginning. But if you play the first few missions until they let you explore New york system. Then you can collect rescue pods from Xenos you have killed ( fill your bay if you can) you will notice that the gate to custodia system is open and you can fly to the prison in Vega system and buy a better class 10 ship at the planet in Vega system for under 1 million credit$. Then explore a few systems near by to find some weapons from a few wrecks ;) before your return to New York system to continue the missions. I did this and did not buy any weapons until i got to sovetskya system in the single player Version of crossfire.

My best reguards,
    PodMan AKA Lord Hakkera..and other name..;)

• Well, for this one, i finished off the FL SP, then i installed CF. the thing is i managed to play CF SP without the need to play everything again. and the npcs also not that hard... i have no idea how this happened...
    but once i got into MP, i was shocked with the npcs skill... hmmm