Leveling Up

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi, i played freelancer a long time ago and recently i wanted to "dive" into space again. Now i found the more challenging crossfire mod. I'm very excited about it. I play the intro mission already and it is really harder. I saw also a ship wich costs a lot of credit. Can't wait to get it on my hands!! Very good work of the mod developers.

But i have a problem. Right now to achieve the next level i need 412.556 credits. But i get only 4-5k credits from a mission. I know the game got harder, but to do 100 mission only to get one level cant be the goal. I think i think i did something wrong with the installation.

I followed the guide and installed first the mod manager then installed the crossfire mod. Both of course on a fresh install of freelancer. Everything looks more reddish.

Am i doing something wrong or is it supposed to be that hard?

• Everything looks more reddish ? It should look like Crysis, if at full settings (mainly the ones in the mod activation menu).

Anyway, we know there's some moment when making money for the next level is hard with just missions, so there comes the pods you collect from NPCs, each of them is worth between 80k to 150k at the low level NPCs, the higher ones give even more profit. But, only prison stations pay that money for the escape pods. There are several in Sirius, but not really many, like in Texas, Vega, Alaska, etc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yes, later on, you will need millions for the next level.

But there's usually a path to a prison that's available, so you can sell the pods you get from any NPCs. Imagine, 100k for 1 single pod ? 150k if it's high level, 80 k if it's low, but still much enough to solve any leveling issues. Even the lowest level NPCs in New York give a ton of money, with 3-4 wings of them, you got enough for 400k.

The Crossfire missions are mainly in Crossfire systems, so you have to leave the vanilla (original Freelancer) systems to go make such missions... and in some parts of the storyline you can't, as the gates are closed.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Now i understand a little bit. And also the New York system has a prison where you can sell the pods for money?

Are there other ways to quickly make money in crossfire besides selling pods?

• Yes there are, like trading, smuggling, but those are harder to do at the beggining... killing some NPCs and getting few pods to make you relatively rich should be easy enough O.o

And no, the closest one for NY is Texas.