a little confused

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RMCDarkDemon.

• ok so install went well. game is running however it looks just like normal fl. now do i need to go through the whole campaign before i can get to the mod goodie? and second all my txt is like mico scopic and i cant read anything that pops up. any help would be great

• Hi there, if the game looks the same as original FL, then you did not install CF, you probably just unpacked CF...

It has to look something like this:

(it can be different depending on what menu and other options you picked)

The first thing you should see, is outside Manhattan, a big rules board (mainly ment for multiplayer), and that there are red lights on the docking ring (like everywhere), then the rest of the improvements.

If you mean that it looks like normal FL only counting the campaign/story, that, yes, our "extended campaign" adds more missions to the original campaign, this way, extending it to have sense, not replacing the whole thing. There are 19 chapters so far, and you will see the Crossfire ones once you finish the vanilla/normal ones.

At text, you should play with the resolutions (lowering for a moment then increasing to the max screen resolution again), in the game menu, try adding a -dx at the Freelancer shortcut to see if that makes your PC recognize the game better, and give you proper game settings/options.

If that fails, there are threads on here which explain what codes to copy, and what to edit, to make everything look normal on any resolution (different codes for each resolution, so sinec I don't know what you have, I can't copy anything). You can use the "search engine" to find what fits you best.

Have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the mod is active in the manger. is there a way to conferim if its installed or just unpacked? also when i go to multiplayer and try to join ther server it say i do not have 1.9 but im looking right at the file and in y start up menu it say play cross fire 1.9

• Oh, that's because:
    1. You are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, the ones where a program needs to be ran as admin to change any file, and you forgot to run FLMM (aka Freelancer Mod Manager) as administrator, and it did not change your game completely, just few files that were not protected.

2. There are files in the Freelancer install folder (there where the original Freelancer was installed, by default, in Microsoft Games in Program Data) that are protected, by being marked as "Read Only". You have to right click the Freelancer folder, click on "Properties", and see at "Attributes" at the bottom, UNtick the "Read Only" option, so the box is empty. Then first click the Apply button, then the Accept button. (just to be sure it's saved)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ok so i have gone into propertys and chnage the read only file but now the file will no stay unticked. i have hit apply and ok. do i only need to do this once or do i need to do this every time i try and play the mod?

• Ok, I though that was self explainable, you have to untick the "Read Only" property before activating the mod from FLMM, so that the mod manager is able to edit all files to correctly install the mod, remember running it all as Administrator so he has Rights to edit all files.

That means, you have to uninstall Freelancer, delete the whole install folder, then install Freelancer and activate the mod, after Read Only is unticked and FLMM is ran as admin.

Hope you also made sure you did not change the location where the mod is unpacked (when you have the downloaded file, and open it so it installs itself into FLMM, you have to use default adress, without changing anything, else it will install incorrectly). To check wether the mod is unpacked correctly or not, open the folder where FLMM is located, and there next to "FLModManager" application, there should be files like "Crossfire 1.9 website", and 2 uninstall files, as well as a "SWAT Portal" one. Also, inside "mods", there should be a "Crossfire1.9" folder with the DATA, DLLS and EXE folders, and few more files.

If they are not as mentioned above, you also have to uninstall Crossfire, from FLMM, and unpack it in the right place.

• ok so it is running now but when i go to multiplayer. its show load cross fire game *greyed out* delete *grayed out* and in the messgae board to the right is a bunch of lines. i get the grayed out bit since i dont have a game file yet but whats the lines?

• * plz disregard the post above this on* ok so i still need to fix the txt * i will do what u said in top post* but when i go to multiplay it still says i do not have 1.9. when i go to teh single player it give me the option of loading a cross fire saved game.

• Uhm, no option for starting a new Singleplayer campaign ?

Definately the install is incorrect.

First, are you sure you got the files right in FLMM, and that the mod manager has "Crossfire 1.9 Client Edition" in the mod list, and not just "Crossfire1.9" ?

Second, the detail of running FLMM and CF as Administrator, and the part of making sure no files inside Freelancer are as "Read Only".

Also, if you got any saves, delete the "Freelancer" folder at My Documents/My Games, or move it somewhere else if you want to save the saves.

Hope you noticed the tutorial on the FAQ on how to install CF correctly, as well as uninstalling it, since you can't deactivate the mod, you have to uninstall FL and delete the whole Freelancer folder with the rest of stuff left behind.

index.php?page=FaqDetail&category=7#question12

• no there is a single player option. i have gone through both cross fire mod and the freelancer folers and unticked read only files however they do not remain unticked. i hit apply and they still dont stay unticked but i do see an incrase in files in the freelancer directory. and corss fire only reads as "Crossfire"

• You mean, in Freelancer Mod Manager, it only says "Crossfire" instead of "Crossfire 1.9 Client Edition" ?

Then you unpacked the mod in the wrong place, use the default adress without changing anything.

• ok i have re done everything and it seems to be working ok now just need to wait for install to complete. you where right i installed it wrong. thank you for the fast replays and help with this. i will let you know if it works in a few min