HELP: (.ALE) .anl & .ael???

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• -

Please help... I need to know what parameter/s or line/s I need to edit in order to change the dimensions or sizes - length, width & height of an engine flame and/or engine trail from these two files -> .anl & .ael that were decoded from an .ale files.

If I do the edit, do I need all 3 files to be edited because of the lines from engine_equip.ini which are "flame_effect", "trail_effect" & "trail_effect_player"?

By the way, what is the difference between these two lines "trail_effect" & "trail_effect_player"?

Please define each important lines from those .anl & .ael files

Thank you.

• only the file with the effect code needs to be edited, not the ones with the effect nicknames
    you will find size or scale definitions in there... raise them

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• -

Here is an example of an .anl file. Can you please tell me where exactly am I suppose to edit the LxWxH sizes. And please define or explain what that line or parameter means.

Thank you very much ;-)

• just looking at this code and not knowing which effect it is or what it looks like i would say you need to edit

"BasicApp_Size" while the format of the valies is a time value (based on the effect duration 0-1) and a size value
    both values can repeat inside the definition to cause size changes during the animation

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!