Activation in FLMM 1.131

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by CargoQueen.

• Hello, I have just joined and HOPE to be able to ACTIVATE the MOD soon. I have been playing the Discovery Mod for over 2 years and love it. However, I am having trouble getting this Mod to Activate. I have downloaded the installer twice...installed into FLMM 1.31...Installed to clean Freelancer install...but FLMM gives me an error saying that it cannot Activate the Mod because of a bad file called DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm The install works but FLNN will not Acitivate because of this error. I have tried this twicw with the same results.. Can you help Please?

• Hi CargoQueen and welcome here.

I think you have a diskerror. Have you checked the harddisk or know how to ?
    It's not a problem to upload that file, but if its a diskerror it will just be another file making the error.

When you have checked the disk, just remove Crossfire from the FLMM and install Crossfire1.9 again and activate it.

Hope this helps

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited once, last by SilverFox: update ().

• Hi Miss Queen, :D I will use caps a bit to point out important words, nothing more. ^^ I will say different ideas/safety checks that could be related, and could also make it look complex, but it's also possible that all of it won't help.

Make sure that the file or the folder or anything inside the fresh and clean Freelancer install is NOT tagged as "Read Only".

It is also possible, as you may have though, to manually replace and move that file so it keeps working, but that is NOT an option because the error means something, even if it's not because of that file itself.

Are you sure the Freelancer install is clean, and that it's Original ? (cracked versions are not rlly supported). If so check your activating method so it gets to be similar to our method posted at the FAQ:
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…ail&category=7#question12

Make sure that the FLMM install is also clean and that BEFORE Uninstalling everything you do CTRL+R to Restore backups and clean the mod's registry. Instead of CTRL+R, to be sure, you can also go to the Tools tab and there find "Restore backups" button.

Use the default adress when installing FLMM, same for Freelancer, and when unpacking the downloaded file (which is recommended you use a special downloader to avoid package fails that can get to missing data, well, Firefox browser worked for me) do NOT touch the unpacking adress, and if it's correct the FLMM will start automatically after the unpacking is finished.

Good luck :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Thanks...My apologises to all as this was entirely my oswn stupid fault. i downloaded and install FLMM 12.5 BETA by mistake. corrected my error and am up and running in open sp. perhaps will join on line one day. many tahnks for the reply and detaiuled info. good luck out there, space is a dangerous place. CargoQueen.