Multiplayer i.d prompt

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BlackWing.

• Hi
    I have just re-installed Crossfire but it does not prompt me for my multiplayer i.d (which I have got written down) it just wants me to make a new character,but I already have 4 characters and I have their MP I.D
    written down but I dont get the option to enter it,what am I doing wrong???
    Vardek

Vardek

• When you say it wants you to make a new character....you mean in the game or is it a new ID #? If new ID # is the thing...then you just replace that ID with the one you have written down 8). and you should enter the game with your chars that were on that ID. If its that you are starting and you had no choice on ID# then you didn't get a clean install. A fresh install always asks for/set a ID# .

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Hi Vardek, wb! :) ... search downloads for ''Freelancer ID changer'' made by Michael :) ... there is function for erasing actual ID, use it, start cf mp, enter new ID (erasing first this one which shows up) and you should be on your old account.

• For future usage of Freelancer and many installs later, I always backup the Freelancer id from registry aswell as save them in txt form just in case as it saves time.
    So I can just install run registry file and voila my id is back.:)
    Backing up the id to a registry file is pretty straight forward, open up regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\1.0.
    Right click 1.0 in the left bar then click export, type in a file name for it and click save

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.