Having a problem with Crossfire..

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Every time I try to activate Crossfire in FMM 1.31 it freezes and shows a not responding message. I have no choice but to shut down the program with task manager and try again. I have gotten Crossfire to run once so far but I was not able to use the "fire weapons" command in any way shape or form. Any help would be great.

Update: I uninstalled everything and finally got Crossfire to work again, but I'm having the same issue where the fire weapons command won't work. This is sooo damn frustrating.

Edited 5 times, last by dm5k ().

• The Crossfire is just too big for the FLMM, you have to wait, patiently, WITHOUT touching neither moving the mouse or anything else until it ends to see with your own eyes it's progression. If you move your mouse, the progress bar will freeze, but the program continues activating the mod correctly, just that you don't see it anymore.

Shutting off the program forcedly will make the next try fail, you have to use a fresh/clean install of Freelancer when activating the mod, so it doesn't fails file-composing.

So, if you are sure you reinstalled freelancer just before you managed activating CF on 1rst try, (just 1rst try, 2nd can already get to a fail), and it still doesn't work... let's see, the button which by default is on the mouse's right button? or the Fire all weapons button from the keyboard, whcih I don't think you'd use cus it fires weapons in all directions, not where you point them at. I haven't tried it since 1.8 so it could be disabled.

Maybe a screenshot of the options and pointing at the one which is failing will show possible bugs. (by using the print screen button, finding the images at your documents).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The Crossfire is just too big for the FLMM, you have to wait, patiently, WITHOUT touching neither moving the mouse or anything else until it ends to see with your own eyes it's progression. If you move your mouse, the progress bar will freeze, but the program continues activating the mod correctly, just that you don't see it anymore.

Shutting off the program forcedly will make the next try fail, you have to use a fresh/clean install of Freelancer when activating the mod, so it doesn't fails file-composing.

Especially first part of it, you have to be patient.

Also there is fire wep settings under "Control settings"which if changed can produce such mess.But there is always solution for everything.
    But i doubt u reached that part yet?

Greets

• Yep you were right I just needed some patience. The game works and I can fire now, but I cannot use F1 to reach the menu when in space. How else can I exit the game besides being on a planet or station? I also can't use free flight unless I hold down mouse 1, is that normal?

• It's "space tab" keyboard wide button, to fly with your mouse without keeping pressed the mouse button 1. It should work if it's on default.

You can't F1 in space as it was changed for the mod, for people who tried to run out of the battles by F1ing and respawning with full shield and so. I know in Singleplayer you don't do that, but it's a bit too complicated to make it possible for singleplayer and taken out for MP.
    You can F1 and save on stations, or anywhere docked, and the campaign autosaves at the proper safe places. I don't think it'll really hurt to dock whatever is closer, and save.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• All problems solved then ? yw

Now I'll mark the thread as over. (you can still post)