CF ships cockpit view

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vishnu.

• I really wanted to try as many new ships as my budget allows, but I soon realize one very, very annoying thing about cf ships in general. I really don't want to offend anyone who spent days or months helping with the ship models, but I'm one of those few who can't stand the "ass view" and always use cockpit view. Is there a way of making those cockpits little less obscuring? One of the ships I really like, Nike (even though it's little sluggish for my taste), have giant panel with texture of oscilloscope in the middle of the screen, making cockpit view practically unusable. Similar situation is with all VHFs I tried so far. There's always something reducing view-field or partially/completely obscure it. Personally, I don't mind non-existing cockpits on trains/cruisers, but I'm sure there's a lot of "first person pilots" who do.

I found couple of related threads in the past and all replies suggested that nothing could be done, but it seems to me that cockpit models are not part of the ship model. Is there a mapping connecting ship to the cockpit? Could it be possible to use Eagle's cockpit on Nike for example? If not possible, will this problem be addressed in the future? It would allow the FPP minority to fully enjoy this great mod. Thanks.

• you can not edit them

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• U could just untick the "cockpit" option in the options menu

Thanks man, I totally forgot about this setting - that's completely different story. It may even give me a chance with multiplayer :)

Edited once, last by mmika01 ().