SP help. storyline wrecked my rep, cant level now...

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by {LNAW}Hawkinz.

• I've been playing the SP storyline and just finnished the first mission in Kusari where you work with the blood dragons and attack that transport. afterwards you are taken to Kyoto base and told to "find some work". Basically I need 10 million credits to level and progress the story.

Problem is, the act of doing the storyline mission, has screwed my rep with every faction but the blood dragons.

Now I can't sell my pods, and I can't even do trading because everywhere in the galaxy outside kyoto base is hostile to me (or has an ally that is hostile to me), so I can't land anywhere and get shot at all over the place.

How am I supposed to get 10 million credits to level now?

At least in vanilla FL I remember this point in the game wasn't so bad, but with the higher cash requirements for leveling in CF, the 20k credits per mission just arent cutting it (500 missions to level?)

please help

• Bretonia should still be neutral to you at any time during the storyline. There is a prison in Manchester where you can sell your pods.

• Yes I got there but it seems a bit silly to have to go all the way over there. Really ruins the flow of the story to have to backtrack like that.

I like the difficulty of the CF campaign but it really gets bogged down by having to accumulate 10 million more credits (that I cant even really spend on anything b/c my level is low) in between every mission.

I remember vanilla freelancer you basically just ran a few kill missions in between and you were good to go..

I guess at least when I finally reach a decent level, I can buy anything I want :/

• thats actually the idea behind it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Standard techniques for fixing one's rep....
    Killing Xenos.... always works. You kill enough Xenos, you fix your rep with EVERYONE but Zoners... oddly enough Zoners don't like to see you kill anyone, so killing Xenos will bring your rep down to neutral with them. Where do you find Xenos to kill? Kepler. Off in the lower left corner of Kepler is the Xeno base Nome. Hang out near there and go fishing. Kill enough Xenos, and you'll fix your rep with everyone else.
    Bribes. This one is harder, because you are spending money that you need to get to the next level... and you need to buy them.
    Depots. Not the option for you... because destroying Depots swing rep in two ways... which is not what you need. You destroy depots, you lose rep with some factions and gain rep with others... and you need to gain rep without losing it.

So, Kill Xenos would be my recommendation.