nvidia driver black bars

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• Hi all
    I recently downloaded a new nvidia driver 270.51 and Crossfire suddenly has two black bars,at the top and bottom of the screen.
    It used to fill my 19"lcd monitor screen and I haven't touched options in Crossfire now it looks squashed by these two mysterious
    black bars,other games are as they were before and don't seem affected its only Crossfire.
    Is/has anyone else had this problem with a new nvidia driver? recently its a shame cos Crossfire looks even better
    with the new driver but its squashed so I s'pose I'll have to do a roll back driver to play using the whole screen again.
    Any ideas?
    Vardek.

Vardek

• I had a similar problem when I had installed FL earlier.
    But the bars on my end were set on each side, not on top and bottom.
    I currently use a 19" wide screen monitor, so I assume Freelancer just blacked out the 'not used' area of the screen.
    Same might be the case which your screen I guess.

But, after I had to redo my whole computer, I dont have that problem with the bars anymore.
    After installing everything from scratch, FL is probably stretching the screen itself to fit.
    I got no bars on every side right now. But I also installed all the newest driver before I bothered to install FL.

• looks like it's keeping aspect-ratio, it's a good thing (on my opinion).

just check scaling options in nvidia control panel and/or your monitor.

• or use older drivers

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• For me it´s a function on my monitor where i can setup how to display the incoming signal (streched or keep aspect ratio). Keep aspect ratio makes the bars while stretched is streching the signal to fill the monitor. It´s displaying this way when i do not use the settings for widesreen or a higher resolution than Freelancer is supporting.

Click the image above to visit us.