I can NOT figure out how to connect to the server, please help

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I've searched the boards and Google over consistently, and am having no luck finding anywhere what to do. Whenever I go to the Multiplayer section, it just tries to connect to the Global Server (which I know Microsoft has taken down) forever and nothing ever happens.

I found a few old topics from 2006 that listed some IPs I should enter into fldirectip, but those seem... really old. I tried them anyway, but the multiplayer menu still never got past "Connecting to Global Server..."

So I really don't know what to do. Any and all help would really be appreciated.

P.S. Personal details: I installed a brand new fresh install of Freelancer, and used FLMM version 1.3 to activate Crossfire, version 1.82 (or whatever the most recent version is) and have done NOTHING else in the meantime. So it should be pretty ready to go. I have also given Freelancer firewall permissions, so that should not be an issue.

• Google "Freelancer Global Server Bypass" and use that. If you're trying to connect to a modded server, you need to download and install the mod. The workaround will be in that mod and you can connect to that mod's server.

• The mod comes with something similar to the FL 1.1 patch of servers list... it shouldn't need anything more, but if it doesn't work then Seqan's idea sounds well...
    if none of the above 2 ideas work(which I don't think so), then you can try install Freelancer on ANOTHER place NOT touching the CF installation, and install FL 1.1 patch on it, it should take out the bug of the PC as well... if still not working, then install CF on the FL 1.1 patched version as last option, as this is not recommended for normal use/situations.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis