You must be on friendlier Terms....

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Master.

• I can't buy good Equipment "You must be on friendlier Terms", but my Reputation is maxed.

Got this message with different factions in different Systems.

Anyone who can help me with this problem?

• Restart your character by using the F1 option while you're docked.

• While you're docked, press F1 , then " Select New Character " and select the same character you've just used. That respawns it(aka restarts it). After that, you should be fine.

• I'm seeing that in California right now. Perhaps it's b/c I dont have a good rep w/ the ASF (Cali is their turf)? Maybe it has to do w/ who owns that system i.e. ASF, CSF, BG...etc. That's my guess anyhow.

• No, the ASF, CSF, BG... has nothing to do with your reputation. The system is owned by the Liberty Police & Navy.

That system will be ASF/CSF only in the ASF/CSF Event. Otherwise, if there aren't any , the system is free.

• I`ll have to say he is right I have the same problem. rep is not working 100% moonstalker missile lv 5. at a gmg base in sigma 13. rep is at max. Green/ friendly

I have seen the same thing at other systems EX. ASF systems. X3043 rep is at max Green. Other systems to. It must have some thig to do with ASF/CSF controlled systems even if liberty is the key holder of the system.

It is possible to find the same equipment els where that you can buy. Have to look at all the systems though.

Other then that it must be a little glitch. not sure but it sounds like it.

Freelancer is rebooted and the same aprotch. restarting new player done.

• What means ASF controlled ? Base owner is "Liberty Navi", i hope i dont get something. I have to farm police rep. if i want to buy eqiup from an Liberty controlled base or station. or am i wrong ?

• Strange... o_O

Causing your game to crash after restarting your character might be from an anti-virus or a firewall (or both). Set as an " Exclusion " permission for Freelancer.

If that doesn't work, try undocking and then dock again at the station. If that also don't work, then I guess your account/character is bugged. (We had several cases with bugged accounts/characters). Or it might be a game glitch, I don't know , you need to ask OP for glitches...

And no, as I said, ASF/CSF has nothing to do with these systems. The ASF/CSF has no systems in this game. In an ASF/CSF event , we " choose " the systems for the ASF and CSF faction and that's it. The systems are always controled by the NPCs. And the ASF/CSF Events are RolePlay from us, the players.

• I'm in the same situation.
    Trying to buy the Salamance from the Corsairs on Planet Crete, however they refuse to sell it to me with the famous message "You have to be on friendlier terms etc blah".
    I AM however at max reputation already, I even tried to do another mission for them, which didn't change a thing though.
    Selecting the character again didn't help, neither did exiting Freelancer and restarting.

• This problem has occurred a number of times, and it is a bug. Do not try to get your reputation up, as it will probably not be fixed until 1.9.
    If you need the weapons quite badly, may I suggest a trip to Arena?
    It sells almost every vanilla Freelancer weapon, as well as some Crossfire ones.
    Hope this helps.

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.