Multiplayer problems

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bullwinkle.

• For some reason when I hit the multiplayer tab it will not bring up any servers for me to join at all. It says "Connecting to global server" but nothing happens. I really want to try out multiplayer but I cant get it to come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• It's possible your Freelancer is firewalled. Check your firewall and allow Freelancer access to the Internet.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I created exceptions in my firewall for everything to do w/ Freelancer but it still does not bring anything up. I'm at a loss as to whats going on.

• are you using windows vista?
    Because your may need to install a few files for the multilayer to work.
    But it works fine with windows 7 and xp.. you may need to update your computer

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I'm runin XP & everything's up to date. I just found another thread by someone that was having the same problem & saw the global server work-around deal. What does this do & would it possibly solve my problems? Sorry, I dont know much of anything about all this stuff.

Edited once, last by Renegade Sixkiller ().

• The global server workaround is part of CF - if you can´t find the server, check your internet explorer and firewall settings. Good luck to maintain your ship problems pilot ;) Seeing forward to meet you somewhen.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I installed the workaround & still nothin. I'm begining to think this is a lost cause as I dont know why in blue blazes it still wont work after trying all this stuff. Darnit.

• Have you tried to disable all of your Firewalls at all and see if it's gonna work?
    Something that's connected to the internet is blocking it, so... it has to be a firewall of some kind. Disable every Firewall ( Windows Firewall , Anti-Virus Firewall etc) instead of doing exceptions and try again.

• Do you have IPv6 installed? Freelancer has trouble with that. It is not a standard part of Windows XP, but you can add it. If you did, then uncheck it in your network settings and try again.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.