Crossfire Story/Quest problems!

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi.

I am your model new player. And I have MANY questions. I am explorer, not unfamiliar with freelancer and I do not like to ask others.

And so far, I do not see any quest hints beside the Kusari fleet, that was attacked in a system i cannot go now, - forced Single player story - so this hint is absolute obsolete.

And because of Original freelancer I am absolute allergic against 'News' :D

Next point is, I am playing the single player version. And, if I see it right, 'Opensingle Player' means normaly NO original story!
    Am I wrong? Because I will never ever again play this thing! Point is, I have to play the single player story, regardless what I am selecting in the installation configuation.

If that's the case, to hell with your exploration mod. :(

If this is an error, I beg your pardon, you should fix this thing.

That prisoners can be sold in prisons is written in the product description. No need to point it out again. ;)

There are some things that need explanations:

1. What exactly does crossfire do? .... This is missing behind the wall of words, you fire at the player. I'm really not interested in a changelog. ;)

2. Where to start? .. The ultimate question, and no answer in the readme.

3. Can I play all the described history, or only the last part?

4. When to start? Which level should I have to start at all?

5. In which form do I get quests? Do these quests use the quest system? Do you have another player log? Do you have anything, or should I use my brain instead, like in the old days of bards tale, etc. :D

6 What about the single player story. Do I have to play it again? *NO NO NO* *Cries of despair ....* NOT again the racing course with my freighter. :D
    ... and if not, why is there no system implemented to kick it out as default in the singleplayer mod.?

It maybe, that this mod is a good one, but so far I cannot agree with this for the things I've seen.

Please understand, I am trying to play this mod, not bashing it. I've registered myself to this forum, only to make it my viewpoint as beginner of crossfire clear.

At the moment, I'm lost and angry. Because additional the single player story is broken on Planet 'California Minor', you start into orbit, and Juni is missing.

All these answers should be in the new readme of the Mod. ... And the rest, you can put in a file named "changelog.txt"

And that you have to start the program again, if you were kicked from the server .... :D A hint would be nice , too.

• Try Spoiler Section? I think all answers are there.

• Humm...

To be clear:

Next point is, I am playing the single player version. And, if I see it right, 'Opensingle Player' means normaly NO original story!
    Am I wrong? Because I will never ever again play this thing! Point is, I have to play the single player story, regardless what I am selecting in the installation configuation.

Yes open SP makes you start at lvl 38 without the vanilla story, for it to work you have to not only delete your other/past CF installation and reinstall all, not reactivate, but also clearing the folder of Freelancer at My Documents/My Games which have the data of your SinglePlayer settings. If that doesn't work, it's something of your FLMM permissions over your AntiVirus, or firewall... cus you're not the first to use that option, but you do are the first to say it don't work.
    That Juni misses in that mission... is unusual... at least before this version, that was working well(from own experience), maybe it's a temporary bug cus of the current tests OP's making, to improve server stability and fix everything, until now , and some more days are under tests which don't make the game work normally.... but it'd show something we hunt for. (yes, what OP changes for the server changes your installation, and so, SinglePlayer)
    SO...

If this is an error, I beg your pardon, you should fix this thing.

, not something WE have to fix unless it would be a secondary effect of some of OP's changes to make the server work perfectly.

Where to start the MP Storyline ?(which you can also do in SP but meh) the one where you follow the hints, take teh datadisks and black boxes from some wrecks which show you where to go next, see some rumors at some stations and kill some NPCs to get over ? :P There are several spoilers about it on Spoiler Section... but clearly, the start is at Death Valley, a ragnarok gunboat wreck in there, how to get there ? The 2nd system starting from X3043's gates. Then follow what they say... and yep use your mind ^^

Kicked from the server ? That just proves something went wrong with your installation OR that you had one of the ships modifyed theese days for tests... and whatever happens on the server is to be reported here as bug or something to fix anyways :)

ALL Your questioins 1 to 6 weren't needed if you joined up MultiPlayer !! :D With lvl 1 you can go everywhere, and even start the MP storyline which is bigger than what you saw in the descriptions ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis