Crossfire v1.81 - Activation error

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by uncleglennie.

• I've followed the Crossfire Installation Instructions in the tutorial as closely as I could, but I'm coming up with this error during activation in the Mod Manager:

2506 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX')

Hope to hear from one of the experienced fellas around here. Many thanks.

Edit: I seem to have solved the problem by running FLMM v1.3 as Administrator.

Edited once, last by Berlin ().

• Yes, it's told on ohter threads on same topic... in case of Windows Vista, or some versions of Windows 7, you have to run the installers as admin, for the exagerated protection of vista and fellas.

Hope to see you arround ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I also encountered this problem trying to run Crossfire mod 1.81 but I think it's not entirely due to Vista : I found 5 trojans in the install (install I dl from http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com/ and it's the same of course from http://www.moddb.com)

Results of a scan (sorry it's in french) :
    C:\Jeux\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\Data\AUDIO\ambienteC.utf
    [RESULTAT] Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen
    C:\Jeux\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\Freelancer.exe
    [RESULTAT] Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen
    C:\Jeux\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\nameresources.dll
    [RESULTAT] Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Crypt.FKM.Gen
    C:\Jeux\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\Server.dll
    [RESULTAT] Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Agent.dpto
    C:\Jeux\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\sol.dll
    [RESULTAT] Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Crypt.FKM.Gen

If I run a correction at the end of the install or just after it's finished, the mod is not working. If I let the trojans run wild, it's working.

May someone correct this quickly please ?

• There is no trojan enclosed into this mod. That what many AV tools detect is an heuristic that is similar to a trojan. But be asured that this one here is no trojan.
    Its a security measure that is in place that causes this problem. So it cannot be replaced simply.

And therefore there is no trojan running wild on your disk.

You find more infos here: AntiVirus detects possible virus/trojan, what happens ??

• Yep, you saw teh videos, and be sure we all here are here to play that game, there's no virus, just anticheat.

If I let the trojans run wild, it's working.

You noticed you don't have slow internet connection, PC loading or other trojan signs... a proof they are not trojans.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis