Black screen

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hello. I searched and searched for about an houer or so on the forum and didn't find an answer to my problem... I installed Crossfire 1.8 like i read... EXACTLY as it said, then tried to play. The luncher starts, it sais downloading file 1 then ups to 1123 or something like that, which i believe is a file check or something... Then i try to run in single player, Freelancer starts but its a black screen, no sound, no nothing. Process manager sais its working and it dosen't crash or nothing. I stood with the black screen for about 20 minutes (thinking it might be because the higher graphics, thus a longer load time or waiting for freelancer to crash) and nothing. I dezinstalled the mod, dezinstaled FLMM and Freelancer and reinstalled them. Same thing... black screen with no error whatsoever. I even reinstalled my windows.
    Tried the multyplayer and it's the same thing.

For argument's sake, i'm using:
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6200, 128 mb*
    Cpu: Intel Celeron Dual Core, 2.80 GHz*
    Ram: 2 Gb
    *Drivers up to date.

If there is an answer in the formu, i'm sorry for posting and ask you to point me to it. If not, pleas answer or atleast tell me to stop trying.

P.S. If there is not an answer already posted pleas no pm in case someone else has a similar problem.

• Install it again with the option for older graphic cards - don´t forget to deinstall all before (Freelancer included).

Click the image above to visit us.

• Yes, the last of the options says about "old graph card", activated or not. You have to activate it for a card of 128. :)

It's weird that the menu doesn't load... you have a good hardware, but try it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I solved the problem... after reinstaling my windows 3 times O_o! It works even with the suport disabled XD. Don't ask me why.

Oh... and about that. I tried with and without the suport but it never worked... and now it works purrrrrfectly. I'm so happy i could fly. Come to think of it XD... i am going to. GAME TIME!!!!

Oh... oh... and thx for replying. Even thow i solved my problem, mabe it could help someone else who dosen't want to reinstal his Windows XD

• I have 2 use esc to jump all the screens to get to main 1 cos they are black.Game runs fine apart from the occaisonal greyscale when docked
    I am using widescreen tweaks + win7 .
    using esc may help if you are getting a black screen at start,takes 2-3 presses to get to main screen

• No, it's not closed. :P yet.

Nemesis, those 2 black screens you have before the main menu are 2 videos, seems you have an issue with a proper video player, anyways, when activating the mod, yu can choose the option of having no Intro Videos. Then it will be easyer for you to join us in-game ^^

And the grey scales are pretty rare... maybe something of your monitor ? or of your windows... hopefully it's the only bug you feel ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis