Epic server fail today?

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SYNKron.

• Alright. When I launch the FL Launcher, there is :
    DOWNLOADING file 11...
    and
    DOWNLOADING file 30...

Although it stays like 3 seconds after each file...

And those 2 files are being downloaded everytime I launch the launcher... like they haven't been downloaded before?!

Alright, I launch the game. After 5 minutes, it crashes.

It already crashed 20 times :) . Could the problem be... well, those 2 files?!

• Patience, young Padawan. :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• less writing... more thinking
    those 2 files are part of the dynamic economy and not part of the problem - they get downloaded with every start

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• if ppl would restart fl now we could see if its better now

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• maybe OP you should put a warning that will make the player view it and explain with "full details" for some stubborn individuals what they have to do , if its so complicated .

• alt+f4
    ->yes
    ->doubleclick on freelancer link
    ->wait
    ->wait
    ->wait
    ->click on multiplayer

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    if ppl would restart fl now we could see if its better now

Yea, I need to say something about this OP, didn't you have a notice somewhere in-game or on the launcher at one point about closing Freelancer in case of a crash or restart? Surely this would help all the n00bs and not-quite-so-observant individuals to do so.

I kept saying to myself last night in the crash-a-thon that surely somebody is forgetting to restart and possibly could be a cataylst to these incredible number of crashes. AMIRITE? AMIWRONG? :D8)

• lol
    OP,when u r updating the server just put it in a noticeable way right in the hud of every player saying,"server update in progress.Server crash likely.PLease restart Freelancer after every server crash to download updates"

meh.

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    i think i have seen the signs of the server getting in trouble u your game stars becoming choppier
    and then CRASH!!!!

This is not always the case, sometimes I see the server back up for a few minutes and *POOF* down goes the server again, without any warning.

• guess what... the server is running now without crashes
    ...stable
    ... without the need to do anything
    ... without that i have done changes
    ... i guess someone stopped crashing it
    ... left the game
    ... or finally restarted it
    ... problem solved
    ... i love when problems get solved without the need of work

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Now that you've said that OP, I'm almost quite convinced it's other people somehow inadvertantly crashing the server by not restarting FL or something on thier end causing these recent string of crashes. I noticed the server was humming along very nicely the other night(as you had said earlier that day) when there were few people on(myself included) and then, last night.... Well there was quite a number of people on until the "crash-a-thon" ensued for several hours and then there were few people on again and the server seemed to "settle down". I don't think this happened by chance...

• On the other hand, I logged off early this morning in response to the update announcement, and now FL will not launch at all ?( I have tried a couple of times, letting the launcher load its files, and my HDD absorb it all before pressing the "launch multiplayer" button, but FL will not launch... ;(

[EDIT]: "Problem starting multiplayer...[E5]" First impression is that something in the last update corrupted my install. Now I'll have to waste the next couple of hours re-installing the whole works... X(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    FL will not launch at all ...

"Problem starting multiplayer...[E5]"
    Now I'll have to waste the next couple of hours re-installing the whole works... X(

Before you reinstall Crossfire, Centaur, take a look in your Freelancer folder for a folder called "EXE2". If it exists, then delete it. Then try to launch again. It is a temporary folder, and the launcher does not seem to handle its existence gracefully.

I had a similar problem due to crash.

If that does not work then... well, you know!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Actually, I'm kinda lazy, so I just restarted my comp first, and FL launched just fine... :O

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Next time check the Windows Task Manager, and end the process for freelancer. This always works for me, which I do whenever I don't see my screen change brightness.

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

Originally posted by Centaurian
    Actually, I'm kinda lazy, so I just restarted my comp first, and FL launched just fine... :O

Haha! Excellent solution... that should be the Number 1 tip for any Windows problem! :)

A "I am D" points out, you can also use the Task Manager. But rebooting fixes a wide range of problems and it gives you a couple of minutes to get up and take a short break (good for preventing carpal tunnel syndrome!).

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.