Freelancer-compatible with joystik?

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LibertyHunter.

• well...the correct answer is actually yes...but it's tricky to get it just right.

you'll need a joystick that gives you the ability to customize EVERY key you use including whatever you use for thrust/directionals/strafing...

even with the keys mapped...it's hard to get the fluidity of the mouse for movement...which makes dogfighting and navigating in general a bit tiresome.

there ARE some joystick customization programs that will allow you to set up a certain number of keystrokes within a specified timeframe....which i think you could use with the "turn left/right" and "pitch up/down" hotkeys in game to get a smoother mouse replacement...but i haven't really looked into it.

i ended up going back to mouse and keyboard, and couldn't be happier.

look into getting a mouse with more programmable buttons...it might make the setup more joystick-like without taking the time to fine tune the custom keystroke configs. :)

• Yes, the mod is compatible with a joystick... and in the options, there are 2 collumns of key settings for that reason, to include joystick ones as secondary keys. But it's a bit nasty using a joystick at this game.... even you can use joystick+keyboard (right + left hand fore each one)... but still... mouse is more 'sensitive' and it will be hard to target somebody without the mouse. IMO :)

Bond, don't answer where you don't know, you're still young here.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis