Massive PR campaign

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Spiky-.

• Count me in. I`ll do all that I can.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• ok - ill create a new area on this forum where we can discuss that stuff as it might turn out to be very complex and requires alot of preparation (and of course a good timing)

access only for the volunteers until the campaign is over

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• *canceled*

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If the campaign is still running, you can count me in... I've always been trying to do this thing but I was alone until now.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    *canceled*

I was wondering where the new board was. Were there not enough volunteers, would the campaign have delayed 1.8, or did something else come up that halted everything?

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• no, no, no

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I will be glad to spread the word! When you get ready to announce to the world that Crossfire has what everyone is looking for, it would be a pleasure to help others find the light!

------------------------->

After 1.8 is released and everyone is "pickled tink," a small suggestion. It may have been mentioned before, but I feel it's worth the additional face time.

To get and keep the attention of players from all over, I suggest that updates be regulated to single or small features.

For example, instead of upgrading everything in a Mod, find one thing new to update or introduce it each couple of weeks or months. A new ship added here and there, or a new shield, weapon or missile system, will keep the game exciting and fresh. Boarding a disabled ship and taking everything including engines would be fun. Have a self-destruct to counter that would "balance" the play.

Also, certain ships and/or equipment should have a end of lifetime "time limits." For Example, the "Mod Engineers" (SysOp), could announce that on a certain date a specific model of ship will no longer be supported. The weapons and other systems will stop working on that model of ship. So, you have to go buy a new ship. We have automobiles that go obsolete, why not ships?

Changing one thing in a Mod should be easier than make a whole new mod. If everyone knows that every three or six months something will change ( sooner if y'all can get the manpower ), it will bring people back and they will stay.

The same Mod day after day, month after month, etc., won't hold the imagination of some folks very long. A changing Mod that grows will attract both young and old minds.

So much effort went into the 1.8, it should be around for many years. If every year a new system is "discovered" that would be awesome. Other players may be looking for new or ancient weapons that change the balance in some systems. Having a weapon that only works, for example, in a system with "Red Dwarf" sun, makes it a challenge just to go there.

Trying to do too much in one big Mod, takes too much time, if you don't have a lot of help. New mini-mods to 1.8 can be vetted through the SysOp and voted on by a committee or the original designer. Once submitted, you get credit in name only for your mini-mod and the thanks of everyone, including Bunny.

We will soon have thousands of downloads for 1.8 and everyone will be excited...for a while. How long depends on the complexity of the 1.8 mod, and how much it challenges each player.

I would rather see the thousands who will come and play 1.8, stick around for the next episode, and the next, and the next...just like a daytime soap opera or Harry Potter book series.

What comes next in the Mod is what keeps the imagination on fire.

I hope to be playing a version of 1.8 in ten years from now. Only, it should evolve like the rest of us. Older, wiser and more sophisticated. Well....two out of three isn't bad.

Does anyone feel that this approach should draw new and previous players and also retain current players?

I welcome your comments on my suggestions.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Happy New Year to all!

Franco428

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

• Bloody good post Franco428

Personally I agree with the adding the odd ship or gun every now and then
    I mean it would definately keep people playing as they would never know whats coming next

Again, very good post :D

------

Staff Sergeant KhohnJao

GwaedGiardiau - Atal Amddiffyn Ymateb
    BloodGuard - Preventing Protecting Responding

------

------
    Fuck it all, Fuck this world, Fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exist, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!

I push my fingers into my EYES!!!

• I concur with wise beard man and the homo that posted after him.

However, afaik Op already has plans for CF 1.9 and CF 2.0... and when Op has a plan its hard to make us change his plan :P.

But, I strongly recommend that this should be a topic to be considered for todays meeting... as I believe that updates are crucial for the future.

ps: if you went to a NYE party that sucked, lacked the alcohol to make you drunk and thus resulting in you being quickly sober again clap your hands!!

now I goes to bed, good nuit

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL