Top Ten

There are 47 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Dvarkholm.

• Heres a list of my top ten games of all time.

10. Button Bashers, You know , them games where you and your mates all sit round a console or computer and challenge eachother to the hundred and ten metres hurdles, or the spring board diving , or the long jump.
    I love them and its a lot more fun than pumping iron as a couple of hours of these games and your forearms look like Hulk Hogans. :D

9. Grand Theft auto 3 and Vice City.

Great games. Could drive round those streets for hours running people over, and that siper rifle is great fun.

8. W.W.E games. Theres nothing better than chucking your best friend or his kids though a table. Or of course you could also give them a few Stone Cold Stunners each. The best fighting games you can buy.

7. Halo (Online) I love FPS but online I have always struggled with the fast paced online outtings like Counterstrike and UT2004. But Halo online has a nice pace to it and the vehicles are easy to drive(Fly). It also has some great maps that are large but not too large. Single player game in crap though. X(

6. Freelancer. Well how could I leave this one out. This is the game I have played the most over the last year. It could be vastely improved on, but has the main ingredients needed for a Space sim. The ease of installing mods is a major plus point and there is plenty to keep you going after SP. I here theres some Ok clans out there but only one great one, so if you want to be the best give Bloodguard a look up. :D

5. Dues Ex. This game kept me going for months. They seemed to make you play the same level over and over again, but got away with it by changing your goals thoughout the game. The interacting with NPC's and the way you could improve your character was something completely different for this sort of game and the way the story kept you wanting more, with its twist and turns, should be the way forward for many FPS in the future. Well lets hope so.

4. Half life. Well enough said. This game was the first I played introducing a three way battle between You, some marines and a bunch of dodgy looking aliens. Some excellent puzzles, bizzare weapons and the first enemy Al to be a challenge, especialy those crafty ninjas. Just forget about the Xen bits at the end and this game is near prefect.

3. Medieval Total War. I just love this game. Most Strategy games become unmanagable but not this one. The turn based map keeps everything simple and the 3D battles are stunning with massives of troops dying at your beckon call. Cant wait for the much larger and comprehensive Rome Total War.

2. Quake 2. Not as good a game as Half Life but I played this game for seemed like years. I knew how to tackle each enemy and with nearly forty levels and tons of add-ons and mission packs there was plenty to keep you going. If only todays FPS's were as long lastings as this game.

1. Well what could it be, I'll let you lot guess. Anyone gets it I will give them 500,000 credits on the server, so get your guesses in and good luck. :D

6:19 aka Lonewolf
    When am I going to get some BACKUP!

• Hmmm 6, the Zelda series for Nintendo, or Final Fantsasy?

"Where is the Horse and the Rider?
    Where is the Horn that was blown?
    It has passed like rain on the mountains,
    like wind in the meadows

The days have gone down in the west,
    Behind the hills to shadow"
    [SIZE=1]JRR Tolkien[/SIZE]

• come on guys you can do better than that. Dont think so up to date.

• My favs:

1. Deus Ex
    2. Baldurs Gate 2
    3. Morrowind
    4. Championship Manager 3 (01/02) and now CM 03/04
    5. Unreal Tournament (and 2k4 is fuckin class as well)
    6. Splinter Cell
    7. Max Payne (1 and 2)
    8. Freelancer
    9. Dungeon Keeper
    10. Worms United
    11. Ultima Underworld 2 (had to put it in at 11...cos its just so dam class for an old game...)

6:19...umm CM?? sensible soccer?? FIFA? (pls god no...) Doom?

• Tetris? The original Donkey Kong?

"Where is the Horse and the Rider?
    Where is the Horn that was blown?
    It has passed like rain on the mountains,
    like wind in the meadows

The days have gone down in the west,
    Behind the hills to shadow"
    [SIZE=1]JRR Tolkien[/SIZE]

• Seems you need a clue, well someone metioned lemmings , within all those 1980's games.
    Lemmings is the right time period for my Fav of all time.

• 1) final fantasy 8
    2) Final fantasy 9
    3) Final Fantasy 10
    4)MGS II
    5)Freelancer
    6)Baldurs gate
    7)Mario Bros 3
    8 )Pokemon red :D
    9)Golden eye
    10)Bubble bobble (nes)

Lord_Andy
    Wingleader of CSP

[1752] Bow For The Lord [1752]

• aaaaaaaaah bubble bobble :D god i love that game...i have an emulator so i can play it (oh and new zeland story and rainbow island). btw, did u ever play parasol stars? i did once..but i cant find it anywhere any more :(

ok 6:19...worms? sonic? mario brothers? legend of zelda? pong? :P civilisation? goldenaxe? commander keen? :D

• i still play bubble bobble and rainbow island on my nes :D
    I paid over 70 euros for bubble bobble tho, its a rare game now :P

Lord_Andy
    Wingleader of CSP

[1752] Bow For The Lord [1752]

• Boulder Dash?
    Ridge Racer
    Rage Racer

can't remember what I was playing during the lemmings (!) other than Doom... or was it Quake.

How about Descent?

• still not got it.....u need another clue then.

Its not a driving game,space game, FPS, strategy, or god game. And no its not a puzzle game.