Anyone interested in being Smuggler?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• Just a matter of fact. Our server is missing smugglers who are bringing some more roleplay opportunities to the game.

If you ever felt comfortable with being smuggler but didnt had the joy or time for establish this kinda RP. Then please leave us some information what we can do to help you out there.

If you think you could and would try this kind of RP please leave me or any other ServerPolice a message. I am willed to help out with everything i can afford to get this missing role play back.

So time to act - you all are pleased to help to find players who can do this job!

<hr />

edit:
    One good start would be to join the smuggler hunt event to get a first impression of this RP.

• I am on the server most days and currently I have 2 characters which smuggle for hours. If there is BMG I will smuggle it. Unfortunately as most of you know I cannot play on the server after 20.30, so that is why I have not offered to be the smuggler in the smuggler hunt. If I am not enacting the RP correctly a few pointers would be gratefully received. However, I will not undock if a doughnut eater is sitting outside and I am carrying 25m of BMG. But as many of you policeman know I do smuggle quite a bit, you just did not know it was me.

• The essence of smuggling goods is not to get caught... :P
    That`s why you think that the Smuggler RP is dead...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• IOC's main RP is smuggling, er, I mean, monopoly trading. I personally have seldom had anyone attempt to interrupt my trading when online. Of course, I have been preoccupied with other efforts recently, and my 8-hour timeshift to the CF server probably puts me out of most players' prime time. Of course, Rogue is right, the best smugglers are not caught... :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• IOC are mercenaries, besides that you smuggle all the time - thats what pirates do too - we are lacking of "real" smugglers. I want to say we are missing a smuggler clan.

I know that nearly everyone smuggle goods. Anyway if there by any chance would be someone who wants to build a smuggler clan - i offer my help! ;)

• It says in the rules "By mounting a Smugglers Syndicate Licence your character becomes a smuggler. You are able to buy and sell BMGs (Black Market Goods) which are both highly profitable and highly illegal."

So by implication, if you are not a smuggler then you are not allowed to buy/sell BMGs.

Where this rule to be enforced, I am sure you would see a lot more smuggler licences around the place.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• Bond, Mellon, HONEYBUNNY: Everything's fun when you're online :D

• To answer the original question, I am interested in being a smuggler and used to be very good at it... but now have other RP constraints that forbid it (namely, I would need to torpedo myself). Good luck finding some people for it, Huor. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Ancalagon
    It says in the rules "By mounting a Smugglers Syndicate Licence your character becomes a smuggler. You are able to buy and sell BMGs (Black Market Goods) which are both highly profitable and highly illegal."

So by implication, if you are not a smuggler then you are not allowed to buy/sell BMGs.

Where this rule to be enforced, I am sure you would see a lot more smuggler licences around the place.

This rule should be activated with the 1.8 version of the CF mod. Where it will be enforced by the program itself. Right now it is not feasible for SPs to enforce it.

I think that once this is active RP for smuggler will be much more interesting, has they will become the main source of income for the other RP.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov