Problems with activating!

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hey..

I've got some major problems activating Crossfire.
    first of all: There where these errors that it couldn't SHCopyFile;... some of the files and i don't know what to do.

After that it has changed into some other directory which it couldn't SHCopyFile;... ??
    (First it was something with pirates,.1 *anything* and after that it changed to something with buildings!

Anyway it has now changed to:
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.70 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager1.31\mods\Crossfire1.70\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX')

So you tell me what to do???

Thnx!

R_O...

Edited once, last by Crysis: . ().

• DC_Crysis

I've done all of the things above, and it seemd to work... but the bar was filled up green almost when i got this error!!

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.70 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31\mods\Crossfire1.70\EXE\MiscTextInfo2.dll' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MiscTextInfo2.dll')

So what to do??

R_O...

• just to clarify
    with "install FL" its meant to delete the FL directory and install FL again to get rid of write protected or modded files (from previous mods which have been used together with flmm)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well there is one solution left and i know this will work cause it happened to me before :). Re-download the mod (it may have gotten corrupted somehow whilst downloading) but do this after a format of your pc (preferably your windows drive only :) ). When installing FL make sure to restart after installation to have it work with no problems. Then install FLMM (think 1.3.1) and then install crossfire mod 1.7 to the flmm directory (it should detect it by default). Then after that, launch CF by clicking on the desktop Icon of FL, and let the Launcher download the necessary updates. If it still doesn't work then nothing else will work as this is how a clean installation works, 100% clean on every level.

P.S. also try installing the CF1.7a patch after the launcher is done if you still get wierd problems like connecting for example.

• If you don't want to reinstall your Windows first, install CCleaner and also EasyCleaner for cleaning up your Registry files, both programs are working great, one of them is fiding other errors and the other one others, so.. the best would be if you install both of them and clean up your registry files, then delete all of the remainings of Freelancer and Crossfire and then one fresh restart of your PC, after that, scan again for some Registry errors again(just to be sure) and if there are none, install FL - CF again. I hope that would help you now., Good Luck

• I can say WOOOHHOOO

The mod works it's activated and when I activate the game I get this window where i can choose between SP or MP

But (Oh no, you think, why is there a but?)
    Because I CAN see the Vid's even until the orriginal form FL but once that one is finished i see the Crossfire Picture and then it crashes to the Desktop!!

So what about that?

R_O...

• try change the PerfOptions
    in C:\Documents and Settings\Force Unleashed\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer
    change the value to this one "USE_3D_SOUNDS = 0.00"

• did u delete all the saved games from previously installed mods, they r incompatible! please see the "Installation Instructions" in the CF Guide.

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• If you should have enabled Xfire ingame for Freelancer, disable it. It causes problems with modifications.

• Unistall windows Ö???
    To me that sounds like hell of a job with risks all over the place????

Am i able to reinstall again, but i've no idea where i could uninstall windows... will my files be saved... and if i unistall my Vista should i install Vista again??

R_O...

• double-check that have you deleted the old saves :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Perhaps that's it, i only deleted the Autosave.fl because i thought the Restart.fl was for anytime you wanted to restart whatsoever!!

I'll give it a try!!

R_O...

• With all the joy I have.
    I can inform you that the mod WORKS!!!

I can play SP and there are no crashes =D
    Though it's treu that the campaign has chaged but the missions are the same ('cause now it's like i'm playing FL with upgraded weapons and a big BillBoard in the middle of New York xD)

But it works, and that's great!

Thnx for your support :D

R_O...