What happened ?

There are 31 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ancalagon.

• Just a thought: wouldn't it be a smart idea to put someone in charge with managing the event managers who actually is playing on CF?

I just think, once CF 1.8 is released, there hopefully will be more players around than now and it would certainly help to have managers ready by then.

• We dont have event managers(only Lucy) so not much point having an event manager manager really.
    I only try to organise it ,I dont have that much free time and then I only get 1 pilot interested (Lucy :D )
    If I had interested mangers then I would make more effort to organise them.
    Its upto you people to make the effort ,just giving up an hour or so 1 evening a week isnt that hard.You just have to make that commitment .

• excuse me? wasn´t Doom telling that he owns the Smuggler event as a Manager?

The using of Battleships instead of Miners in the Saturday Event was told too, maybe i´m totaly lost in this topic but can somebody make a table or something else with the actual Event stati?

Their are enough Players to hold the events again - if there is no Event Manager for an Event hey, just ask for part time Managers.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Do we need a EventManager for each event? Couldn't we just have a pool of EMs and whoever is available (and knows the rules) can run the event that day?

I am more than willing to help run events but I could not be sure to have a specific night free each week. I am pretty sure I could run most events.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

Originally posted by Ancalagon
    ... I am more than willing to help run events ...

you da man, Anc [307]

• Daywalker there is a list of events and EMs on this board ,its called "IMPORTANT EVENTS" or summat like that.First post is all that is important as I update it.

We have 1 EM and no part time EMs

Anc has offered (thx Ancalagon)but I need many more if they are part time and they will all need to make sure they decide who runs what and when.

Just hoping there will be a part time EM available on the day just wont work.

• Sry but,
    your post isn´t up to date, like from your events Thread you missed Huor for the Nomad Gun Hunt as long as he didn´t retire.

If we don´t have an actual EM others can hold this event until an Event Manager is found - for me the better solution than not to make it happen.

If you have problems to make an event happen call me via PM in most cases (except weekends) i can run it.

Click the image above to visit us.

• In such a case it would be very helpful to have console rights.

Ooops, did i just say i want console? :D

• Yep i am still hosting the Nomad Gun Pursuit - yet we had massive lack of participants and last year i was sometimes not here to hold it - due to real time matters ;) - and even then there was no one as a "deputy". I can run it as long its between Tuesday and Friday (excluding). And yet i know that i wont be able to hold it every week...

Doom was in charge of the Smuggler Hunt Event - as far as i know - some would really love to see this event back @ DOOM - what do you say?

Magnet once was holding the race event - i am sure due to his RL he had lack of time to hold it (we still need someone here).

Its quite less work to run an event - someone just has to overcome the inner temptations and run it. Event Mangers have the support of the SPs and there are often "long term" players who are helping either....
    If anyone feel he/she/it can run an event - feel free to announce your availability pls ;)

• As I remember DrStraw was something to do with running the Race Event.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese