CD Ripper?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by assault911.

• Hi mates

Having decided to finally go digital - I bought myself a whole lot of Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet CDs from HMV

Can anyone suggest how I can rip these CDs into MP3 format so I can transfer them to my new fantastic mp3 player?

Any suggestions on a decent FREE CD rip thing to make those audio files into MP3?

Many thanks

• I use itunes, but maybe there are betters.

• Try this one FreeRip its only a small program but it rips to any format you want and its free to use also titles tracks and abums for you.... you can download from here : http://www.freerip.com/

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Windows Media Player works fine for me... ^^

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Yes Win Media player is good but it doesnt title all the tracks which is a bit of a pain in the butt plus its painfully slow.

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Hmmm...maybe I buy my CD's at a better shop than you; I always see the track titles, even if the artist in not recognized... ^^

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• ROFL

I can prefer CDex... slim and easy to use. But itunes is good as well ;)

• Hmm - I got iTunes - but when I put the ABBA CD in - I never got the option to rip the stuff - maybe I have an older version?

I will see if I can update it.

Does it rip to mp3 or MPITUNES?

• can be setup in the settings... if you just want to rip it to HDD then i suggest AAC - more compression than mp3 with very very similar quality...

• LOL Centurian i meant when i rip the cd on to my hdd using win media player on most my cd's it labels them as track 1 and 2 and 3 and so on and so on where as i personally like to see the name of the track in the file to save me having to either copy the cover or to dig out the cd just to view the tracks especially when i have somthing like 350 gig of music on my HDD it takes a lot to remember what all the tracks are called and what numbers they are but also if you have an old CD the album information wasnt actually stored on the CD.

But hey im old enough to own some of the very 1st CD's ever to be produced i still have a massive Vinyl and Tape collection that i want to add to my HDD next and FreeRip will help me label them to in a matter of seconds:P

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• AudioGrabber, CdEx, or ExactAudioCopy .
    windows media player........................ :P

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• Well thankyou very much Lucy LOL im a very young 35 yr old lol not that old really but old enough to have a big collection of vinyl and tapes infact im pretty sure somewhere i have some 8 track.... now that is old hehehe

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator